Dining Plan - what would you pick

Just trying to decide what to pick between for our 8 night anthem of the seas cruise in may 2020

- £188 pounds for 3 night dinning package & 1 lunch at Jamie's 

or

- £304 pounds for the unlimited dinning 

we arent that keen on sushi and my wife could be pregnant come then so that would rule that out the sushi restaurant and not to fussed on wonderland as we have done it before and the experience is great but not that keen on the food

we do love Jamie's and chops grill though 

we might do johnny rockets once but even if we paid out of pocket for that it would still be about a 100 saving if we do the first option

anyway what do you think we should do 

• Clarea changed the title to Dining Plan - what would you pick
6 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Yes that's for two in British pounds 

That's not so bad then, in fact the unlimited sounds like a good deal, it's currently £182.25 pp on our 9 night on Quantum and has been higher.

7 minutes ago, kernow said:

That's not so bad then, in fact the unlimited sounds like a good deal, it's currently £182.25 pp on our 9 night on Quantum and has been higher.

Yeah it's a hard one because one of the resturants we wouldn't go to, then wonderland not to fussed on. So I think that would only leave chops, Jamie's, and jr, can't decide if a three night one plus the lunch and Jamie's is enough 🤔

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

Go UDP, then you can visit ones you like the most multiple times. Each restaurant has so many dishes to try that you truly cant in just one visit. (I know you could) but realistically not enjoy 

Yeah mybe your right 

I was going to do 2 chops and 2 Jamie's if not and that would save just over hundred, means I would be going to these 3/4 times each though 🤔

2 hours ago, FPP777 said:

I just booked UDP. My plan is to make reservations the first few nights, then decide what I want to go back to on the last few nights.

Only thing is I would only be going back to two resturants so wasn't to sure if it was worth doing or if the three night was enough

I realise it's a personal preference, but what's wrong with the MDR?

We have an 11 night coming up, and have booked the three night package plus one night at Chops for my partner's birthday, and the Mystery theatre dinner.

That's 5 nights in  specialty dining, leaving six nights for either MDR or windjammer (probably MDR for us).

I don't think MDR is so bad that we'd pay for the UDP. We definitely like to try the specialty dinning, hence the choices we've made above. We also don't do Izumi, so on Radiance, we have Chops, Giovanni's and Samba for our three night package.

I suppose on larger ships there are more options, but our OP hasn't mentioned the five night package as an option... is it not available for your sailing?

We don't normally do a big lunch either, so that wouldn't factor in it for us.

13 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

I'll  need to check prices on Black Friday to

anyone else got advise on what they would do in my situation   

We get the UDP on Oasis class ships and love it however we will only get the 3 day package for our upcoming cruise on Anthem as there are not enough different restaurants to choose from to have a variety.  That being said if the prices drop on Black Friday to what I would have paid for the old 5 night package then I will buy it.

1 hour ago, Balsam12 said:

I realise it's a personal preference, but what's wrong with the MDR?

We have an 11 night coming up, and have booked the three night package plus one night at Chops for my partner's birthday, and the Mystery theatre dinner.

That's 5 nights in  specialty dining, leaving six nights for either MDR or windjammer (probably MDR for us).

I don't think MDR is so bad that we'd pay for the UDP. We definitely like to try the specialty dinning, hence the choices we've made above. We also don't do Izumi, so on Radiance, we have Chops, Giovanni's and Samba for our three night package.

I suppose on larger ships there are more options, but our OP hasn't mentioned the five night package as an option... is it not available for your sailing?

We don't normally do a big lunch either, so that wouldn't factor in it for us.

yeah there was no 5 night option 

we don’t do Izumi and we aren’t that keen on wonderland food so that only leaves chops and Jamie’s 

if I do the three night package plus one lunch at Jamie’s that would mean going twice to chops and twice to Jamie’s and saving over 100 pounds 

I’m starting to think would u really want to be going back to them much more than that 😕

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We get the UDP on Oasis class ships and love it however we will only get the 3 day package for our upcoming cruise on Anthem as there are not enough different restaurants to choose from to have a variety.  That being said if the prices drop on Black Friday to what I would have paid for the old 5 night package then I will buy it.

See that’s what am thinking. I only have a choice of two restaurants and am not fussed ether way on wonderland so do I really need the unlimited dinning plan