Majestic Princess Docking/Private Tours

clinto69

We are cruising on Majestic Princess on 27th November up the coast of Australia. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Majestic Princess and docking procedures? Specifically we have a private tour at Airlie Beach (Seaplane Tour) and Im wondering if there is a way to ensure we can disembark at an appropriate time? Its a tender docking. Im assuming tours booked onboard get some kind of priority but how does this work?

I have not been on the Majestic, but it should be the same as on other Princess ships. If you are not Elite and not on a Princess tour, there will be a notice in the Patter about a time and place to go for tender tickets.

If you want to be on one of the first tenders, go (with all the others you want tickets for) to that place about 20 minutes before the listed time.

• Like 1

We are just off of a 2 week Majestic cruise around New Zealand. For a non-Princess excursion, we went to the Symphony dining room on deck 5 shortly after the anchors went down and were always in the 2nd tender boat (the Princess excursions being the first). The tour groups generally know what time the ship arrives and adjust their tours accordingly. We were always early for our tours.

11 hours ago, clinto69 said:

So would you say if the ship docked in Airlie Beach at 7am we could safely meet a private tour at 9.00am if I went down and lined up for tender tickets at 7am?

Thanks

Just remember, that you cannot go by yourself and pick up tickets for 6 people, all 6 of you need to show up.

12 hours ago, clinto69 said:

So would you say if the ship docked in Airlie Beach at 7am we could safely meet a private tour at 9.00am if I went down and lined up for tender tickets at 7am?

Thanks

Of course, that all depends on how many Elites and Princess Excursions show up to bump you.  No guarantees when you will get off even if you are Elite.  I've seen threads where posters were complaining that they were elite and they still had a wait because of all the other elites on that sailing.  (I'm not referring to your particular itinerary, I don't know where the elites were or what sailing they were on.)

Your question may be better presented to the Seaplane Tour Operator.  I'm sure they will say that they will wait for you.  It's probably not their first rodeo!  Enjoy the trip, I'm envious!

Edited by Daniel A

If you're Elite or in a suite, you'll get special tickets in your stateroom and you will be instructed to go to the Harmony restaurant where they will put you on the next tender out.  The tender lines go right past there and they will just put you in the line.  Otherwise as already mentioned, you'll go to the dining room on deck 5 and will be given a numbered ticket.  If you're concerned about getting to shore on time, just get there early and you should have no problems.