Excursion Frustration

judi666

2 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

I also think that Regent's use of NCL tour vendors has been a negative.

🤔 🤔

I was under the impression that all cruise lines use the same range of tour operators in each port.

Personally I have not noted any particular change in the quality of excursions offered since the take over of Regent by NCLH.

On our cruises this year most excursions were good; some were exceptional; the odd one was below par.

i.e about the same experiences as before NCLH ownership.

>>Personally I have not noted any particular change in the quality of excursions offered since the take over of Regent by NCLH.

On our cruises this year most excursions were good; some were exceptional; the odd one was below par.

i.e about the same experiences as before NCLH ownership.<<

• I agree with Susan (flossie): the excursions have not changed since NCLH ownership
  • Like 2

I wonder if it would be possible to have a more objective tour rating system rather than the somewhat arbitrary “walker” system.

A simple table at the bottom of each excursion description with maybe the excursion duration, estimated walking time and/or distance, approximate number of steps, peak altitude, things like that.

It would be easier for people to decide what’s what, as some people are okay walking but have problems with steps, or other concerns.

i know it would take some more effort on Regent’s part to set up and maintain that but it would probably reduce the number of complaints they receive if there’s more empirical data available...

6 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

I wonder if it would be possible to have a more objective tour rating system rather than the somewhat arbitrary “walker” system.

A simple table at the bottom of each excursion description with maybe the excursion duration, estimated walking time and/or distance, approximate number of steps, peak altitude, things like that.

It would be easier for people to decide what’s what, as some people are okay walking but have problems with steps, or other concerns.

i know it would take some more effort on Regent’s part to set up and maintain that but it would probably reduce the number of complaints they receive if there’s more empirical data available...

The Pdf file that Regent sent to me and which I used THIS Wednesday to select excursions for our 7/17/2020 cruise HAD just that info. I don't know if such was in previous pre -cruise excursion info. It was very helpful to us. See my post in "Booking Excursions Online". 

Looking at excursions for a future cruise and the legend for the various symbols on specific days has the usual one walker rating;  then there are two different 2 walkers ratings.  One is moderate activity/walking and the other one is hiking.  The only way to tell if an excursion rated two walkers is hiking or not is to use the filer to sort them out.  Nothing in the description talks about any kind of hiking.