Picture-A-Week 2019 - Week 47

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, November 18 and Sunday, November 24.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

This weekend was the service and early Thanksgiving for my Father-in-law. We drove north to my brother-in-law's house as did 50 or so other relatives spanning four generations. The service was simple and was a fitting goodbye to a man who inspired us all. This photo, while set up with help from family cat-wranglers and had the camera settings pre-set by me, was taken by Joe. Joe counted us down and pressed the shutter for a sequence of fifteen or so frames of which this one has all the eyes, and darned near everyone’s attention. Thanks Joe. You helped me be in a photo showing that Dick Matthews will be remembered and loved long after this final tribute.

We Are Family

p3723463229-6.jpg

Dave

• Like 3

Actually had a coin toss for the Picture-a-Week project this week. The incredibly sentimental family group won but though this photo "lost", grand-niece Dakota sitting in a patch of golden fountain grass certainly isn't a loser.

Gold on Gold

p3724541219-5.jpg

Dave

• Like 3

On 11/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, pierces said:

This weekend was the service and early Thanksgiving for my Father-in-law. We drove north to my brother-in-law's house as did 50 or so other relatives spanning four generations. The service was simple and was a fitting goodbye to a man who inspired us all. This photo, while set up with help from family cat-wranglers and had the camera settings pre-set by me, was taken by Joe. Joe counted us down and pressed the shutter for a sequence of fifteen or so frames of which this one has all the eyes, and darned near everyone’s attention. Thanks Joe. You helped me be in a photo showing that Dick Matthews will be remembered and loved long after this final tribute.

We Are Family

p3723463229-6.jpg

Dave

How wonderful that so many relatives were able to be there for the service.  Lovely tribute.

17 hours ago, pierces said:

Actually had a coin toss for the Picture-a-Week project this week. The incredibly sentimental family group won but though this photo "lost", grand-niece Dakota sitting in a patch of golden fountain grass certainly isn't a loser.

Gold on Gold

p3724541219-5.jpg

Dave

She is adorable.