space center tour: number of ships in port matter?

luckyinpa

we are 3 people so the cost is 125 x 3 for the ncl tour or 50 per ticket plus uber which from what i gather is about 70 RT. a savings of 150. having a hard time deciding:

bliss is in port 1pm sunday to 5pm monday before christmas

RCL is only other ship in port sunday and they leave at 4 so my guess is that they have zero effect on the KSC ship traffic that day

monday,  4 ships arrive between 7 and 8

sunday hours are till 6pm. so even if you get off ship and get there, you have 2pm till 6pm for your 125 bucks from the NCL excursion.  i was interested in the explore tour which is 25 extra but on KSC site it says last one is 2pm. so unsure if the ticket includes that and its not specific on the site. just says Pick and choose wisely since you won’t have time to see everything. Your options include seeing an IMAX® movie, the interactive Astronaut Encounter program or the Shuttle Launch Experience. Finally, your chance to be an astronaut! so my guess is that extra tour isnt there. 

monday obviously there would be no issue getting there early if we did uber and tickets on our own. the NCL tour leaves at 830. one other question i have is with NCL do you just wait in line with others or do you skip the lines to get in?  ncl says 5 hours for the trip which means they shoot to have you back 130 if my math is right. that seems to really cut the day short. you could probably leave 330 and make the ship by 430 im guessing? 

i thought with 2 days to see this that id have a lot of time but no matter what. it seems not

KSC is a large venue so IMO the number of ships in port should not matter much.

What I would be concerned about is the amount of time you have at KSC with the tour.  We did our own thing (we had a rental car) and spent about 7 hours there and still could not see everything.  If you have a 5 hour ship tour, you will have no more than 4 (perhaps less) in the place - not enough IMO.

i want to see something rather than nothing. i just didnt know if 4 other ships vying for ubers monday morning was anything to worry about vs doing the ship excursion. it does seem like we would have more time monday but i guess id have to find out from NCL if the trip is longer since we have a lot more time docked monday during open hours

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

i want to see something rather than nothing. i just didnt know if 4 other ships vying for ubers monday morning was anything to worry about vs doing the ship excursion. it does seem like we would have more time monday but i guess id have to find out from NCL if the trip is longer since we have a lot more time docked monday during open hours

Tour is safer getting there and back.  Hope the Monday one is longer.

Last month we did the 8 hour guided tour booked with our cruiseline....We were the only ship day porting (Disney was sailing out) on a Saturday. We got a great rate $79.99 pp this was an amazing tour.

• 2 weeks later...

We’re on your sailing & doing KSC on day two. I am booking a car/taxi to be waiting for us early so we can be at KSC as soon as it opens (9 am), and a return at 3:30 leaving us with way more time than the ship tour.