Planetarium - Viking Orion

Frenchberet

Thank you both for the info.  Do you know how frequently the presentations are offered?  Looking forward to being on board this beautiful ship!

There were 3 shows, and we managed to see all 3. Each was offered several times on our 15-day cruise, but I don't think it was every day. More likely on sea days, but I don't think exclusively.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

FYI the best seats are the 2 in the very last row.  There's a lot of neck bending backwards since the show is projected on the ceiling.  Get there early to get the good seats.  We saw 2 shows on the Jupiter in July (British Isles cruise) and they were good, but not awesome.

6 hours ago, moatenote said:

FYI the best seats are the 2 in the very last row.  There's a lot of neck bending backwards since the show is projected on the ceiling.  Get there early to get the good seats.  We saw 2 shows on the Jupiter in July (British Isles cruise) and they were good, but not awesome.

Agree!  We found it very uncomfortable sitting in seats anywhere other than that back row.  It was pretty popular on our summer trip and those seats were taken pretty quickly.  Actually skipped last show rather than stain to see.  The presentations were quite nice though.

4 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Good info! Thanks. Now all I need is to remember the seating advice 14 months from now 🙂  Better write it in my travel notes for the Venus trip. 

I can concur that the best seats are the last 2.  Our "tickets" that we got when we "registered" at the excursion desk when we arrived on board looked just like the normal tour/excursion tickets - with date and time on them.  Seating is unreserved, so in our experience, people got there early!  We did manage to read about the final row and got those seats.

You can also do a search on the Planetarium and find quite a number of excellent posts on it - including many pictures (including mine).

Enjoy !!  and wear a sweater!!

I can concur that the best seats are the last 2.  Our "tickets" that we got when we "registered" at the excursion desk when we arrived on board looked just like the normal tour/excursion tickets - with date and time on them.  Seating is unreserved, so in our experience, people got there early!  We did manage to read about the final row and got those seats.

You can also do a search on the Planetarium and find quite a number of excellent posts on it - including many pictures (including mine).
Enjoy !!  and wear a sweater!!

The entrance to the planetarium is at the very front (ie. closest to the bow of the ship) of the circular room in the middle of the second floor of the Explorer's Lounge, and is hidden by a sliding pocket wall that they'll open just minutes before the showtime. That's where you want to be maybe 15 minutes before the show if you want to try to get the better seats.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk