Cruising from Ft Lauderdale

blarko

I’m thinking of booking a cruise in August or September 2020. When I go to enter the ports I’d like to cruise from, Ft Lauderdale isn’t an option. I’ve cruised from there before in August/September so I know it’s been a previous option. Does anyone know why Carnival doesn’t have any cruises sailing from Ft Lauderdale late summer next year?

2 hours ago, blarko said:

I’m thinking of booking a cruise in August or September 2020. When I go to enter the ports I’d like to cruise from, Ft Lauderdale isn’t an option. I’ve cruised from there before in August/September so I know it’s been a previous option. Does anyone know why Carnival doesn’t have any cruises sailing from Ft Lauderdale late summer next year?

Yes, @Rustic46 is correct, they are doing construction. 20 minutes south, however, Miami has four ship sailing for those dates, until the Magic goes into dry dock on September 14.

2 hours ago, Rustic46 said:

I know they are doing some construction at the fort Lauderdale port next summer. Not sure how late that will run. But Carnival has no sailings while it is going on.

Thank you.....that makes sense.

1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

Does it show as Port Everglades?

No. Ft Lauderdale 

57 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Yes, @Rustic46 is correct, they are doing construction. 20 minutes south, however, Miami has four ship sailing for those dates, until the Magic goes into dry dock on September 14.

Well that’s weird, because one of the cruises I was looking at was at the Magic sailing September 20. Must be a super short dry dock?

3 minutes ago, blarko said:

Thank you.....that makes sense.

No. Ft Lauderdale 

Well that’s weird, because one of the cruises I was looking at was at the Magic sailing September 20. Must be a super short dry dock?

According to crew-center, Carnival Magic is scheduled to go into dry dock until September 24th. So I imagine the first sailing being on September 26th.

20 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

According to crew-center, Carnival Magic is scheduled to go into dry dock until September 24th. So I imagine the first sailing being on September 26th.

The cruise I just booked is definitely scheduled for September 20, 2020. If those dry dock dates are correct, why would they be selling cruises during those times? Also, if dry dock happens during those dates, what will happen to the cruise I just booked?