Pay Extra to Change Cabin after Final Payment?

roycny

I booked Bella Balcony and price dropped. I noticed that Family cabin Fantasia is now $50 more. I wonder if I can call to just pay $50 to upgrade to a Family cabin?

It's after final payment and the cruise is 17 days away.

Thanks.

I booked Bella Balcony and price dropped. I noticed that Family cabin Fantasia is now $50 more. I wonder if I can call to just pay $50 to upgrade to a Family cabin?

Thanks.

If memory serves, they will need to cancel your previous reservation and book a new one, which *may* be subject to a penalty because you are past final payment date. Did you book directly with MSC or use a TA? Anyway, it’s always worth a try, worst that can happen is they say “no.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSC's US policy is to hold you to the pricing structure at the time you booked, so you are not able to upgrade at the new prices.  You can only upgrade at the prices that were in effect when you made your booking.  Additionally, even if you were before final payment they have been implementing some nasty policies to make cancelling an re-booking at the lower price more difficult.

7 hours ago, roycny said:

Thanks.

No, MSC don't operate like that.  

10 hours ago, roycny said:

I was in a quite similar situation last year with the Armonia. When I booked there were no more Fantastica in this category, actually they only showed one Bella cabin. After I booked this cabin, immediately there were no more Bella but Fantastica for the same price as the Bella I booked. So even I try to avoid their hotline as much as possible I gave it a try. As expected I could not change the booking I just made to the Fantastica cabin available at the same price. I would have needed to completely cancel (losing the 20% deposit) and book new. Understandable at the end, and not a big thing as the only reason for Fantastica for us are the extra Voyager points. 

18 hours ago, Até said:

MSC's US policy is to hold you to the pricing structure at the time you booked, so you are not able to upgrade at the new prices.  You can only upgrade at the prices that were in effect when you made your booking.  Additionally, even if you were before final payment they have been implementing some nasty policies to make cancelling an re-booking at the lower price more difficult.

Ate ... They have just copied the UK in doing this.