RCCL Drink Package Price Increase

oviedo45

On 11/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, Iamcruzin said:

From my experience and from what I have read on here it seems like the Oasis class ships carry the higher prices. I was on Anthem and paid $49 a day. That was the lowest price in the planner and that was the price when we boarded after the discount was applied.  It was a 9 day cruise with 4 ports of call. One was a 1/2 day in Puerto Rico 7am- 2pm and one was Labadee where the drink package was used. So on that 9 day cruise there were only 2 full port days where we weren't using the drink package in the afternoon.

The opposite is true for me, my March Anthem sailing has been higher on everything from beverage and internet packages to shore excursions then my Oasis sailing is. They are both the same itinerary so that is not a factor.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, oviedo45 said:

It's at $65 with a banner that says buy one get one 50% off which is shown (no discount off of the 65) so I will keep trying - thanks

It does state the price shown "includes the discount" so the $65 price is actually 25% off per person from whatever rate they are choosing to use.

I just look at the price shown and know that's what I will be charged.  I don't look at the percentage off or whatever the sale is supposedly.

So I bought the drink package a few weeks ago, and it shows up in my "order history" but not in "My Calendar".

Now, for the most part, I wouldn't expect the drink package to be in a calendar, but in the legend, it says that drink packages will be shown. So now I'm concerned that my purchase hasn't been -- I don't know -- LINKED to my booking.  Anyone else experience this? Anyone from RCCL can explain?

My gut tells me this is just a bug with the web application, and if that's the case, someone at RCCL should look in to fixing that. But am concerned that I somehow did something wrong, and don't want to end up spending vacation time in line at customer service to get it resolved.

18 minutes ago, Lugger11 said:

Anyone from RCCL can explain?

That would be a miracle.

Don't worry, it's just a crappy web site implementation (don't expect them to fix it) and all should be fine on the ship.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, Lugger11 said:

So I bought the drink package a few weeks ago, and it shows up in my "order history" but not in "My Calendar".

Now, for the most part, I wouldn't expect the drink package to be in a calendar, but in the legend, it says that drink packages will be shown. So now I'm concerned that my purchase hasn't been -- I don't know -- LINKED to my booking.  Anyone else experience this? Anyone from RCCL can explain?

My gut tells me this is just a bug with the web application, and if that's the case, someone at RCCL should look in to fixing that. But am concerned that I somehow did something wrong, and don't want to end up spending vacation time in line at customer service to get it resolved.

As long as it shows up under your order history, you should be good to go!