BOA rewards - how it worked for me

Ren1216

We're sailing on Harmony 1/5/20.  I asked questions about redeeming rewards from my Bank of America card, and you all were very helpful.  So I wanted to follow-up for anyone else looking for this info. 

In the past, I always waited kind of late to redeem because once you do so, it cannot be reversed (cancellation = loss).  At least this is how it was, no idea if it's changed.  Anyway, now that the OBC (On Board Credit from redeeming) can be used pre-cruise on the Royal website for the purchase of drink & dining packages, internet, excursions, etc.... I decided to redeem earlier than usual -- in time for Black Friday / Cyber Monday.   Submitted the forms for 2 diff cards on Nov 11 through the BOA website.  By the 21st, the OBC had still not shown up on my reservation so I called 888-305-4626 to check the status.  The gal who answered told me that the OBC would not appear until about 10-14 days prior to sailing, this was standard procedure.  Then she asked if I was looking to use the OBC to buy excursions or other things on the Royal website.   So I said yes, excursions will likely be sold out long before 2 weeks prior to sailing.  She asked for both credit card numbers, said she would see about making an exception, and put me on hold for about 4 mins.  She returned saying she had spoken to her supervisor and the credits were now applied to our reservation.  It took about 10 mins for the RCI website to allow me into my reservation, but then OBC was indeed there to use.

So I don't know if it's normal for them to act like an exception has to be made to get your credit sooner, but whatever, it worked out.  Hope this info helps others.

Happy Cruising!

I ended up getting an RCI BOA credit card a couple of months ago.  Do you get any statement that shows points accrued?    Not sure how it works yet.  Have already paid off several cruises and booked shore excursions with it so far.  

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I ended up getting an RCI BOA credit card a couple of months ago.  Do you get any statement that shows points accrued?    Not sure how it works yet.  Have already paid off several cruises and booked shore excursions with it so far.  

Each month your credit card statement will show the number of RC points you have accrued.

If you haven't already, you should create an online account.  That will enable you to see and redeem your points.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Each month your credit card statement will show the number of RC points you have accrued.

If you haven't already, you should create an online account.  That will enable you to see and redeem your points.

Thanks Bob, just pulled it up and clicked on the link...it was there.  

Edited by island lady

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks Bob, just pulled it up and clicked on the link...it was there.  

On the back of one of your statement pages, you should see your points balance forward, plus your new points for the current month and the grand total.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

On the back of one of your statement pages, you should see your points balance forward, plus your new points for the current month and the grand total.

The website also shows when the points expire, which the monthly statement omits.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Thanks...I have paperless statements, but can go into my BOA account page and find the points.  

I redeemed OBC from my RCI card on 11/11.  I woke up this morning and there was an email that showed they applied them today, 11/24.  My cruise is 3 weeks away.  I didn't call or ask for any expedited posting.  I was planning on it the next few days if not posted in case there were some Black friday deals.  Fortunately, I didn't have to call!