Using Regent Air to Tokyo

mrstanley

Whatever airlines have been used in the past are only of passing relevance to what you might find available in 2020.

Regent will use whatever airline/routing they may currently have contracts with.  In addition, any flights would require that there be available inventory that Regent can tap into, as contracts may or may not cover certain routings and/or time frames.  Also, there may only be availability for a limited number of seats, with overflow going to alternate flights/routings.

Finally, since you make no reference to your home airport, even if an airline was used in the past, it might not be relevant to your particular situation.

3 hours ago, mrstanley said:

Just curious to know what airlines Regent used during 2019 to fly guests from the USA

to Japan. We will be looking to fly from USA to Tokyo next year. Thanks!

We flew non-stop on ANA from Dulles to Narito per Regent Air. Great flight, but of course LONG.

We  flew  both ways non stop DFW-NRT this year on American Airlines, the key is we were the 1st call to Regent Air, on the very 1st day that air deviation opened. The seats were very limited in Business Class.

Edited by Dallasgal
typo

We are also going to Tokyo in 2021.  I know it's still 2 years out, and I live in Atlanta so will likely deviate to go on Delta, but we're deciding if we want the 3 day Pre-cruise excursion or not (Regent, for some reason, was asking).   Anyway my question is this...if we let Regent choose, and they send us through another gateway on another airline, will the flight to the other gateway from Atlanta, say Seattle or Los Angeles, be first class or in economy?  

Thanks

Edited by papaflamingo

32 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

We are also going to Tokyo in 2021.  I know it's still 2 years out, and I live in Atlanta so will likely deviate to go on Delta, but we're deciding if we want the 3 day Pre-cruise excursion or not (Regent, for some reason, was asking).   Anyway my question is this...if we let Regent choose, and they send us through another gateway on another airline, will the flight to the other gateway from Atlanta, say Seattle or Los Angeles, be first class or in economy?  

Thanks

Absolutely impossible for anyone to know until your flights are actually ticketed and you are informed at the 75 day mark.  Some but, not all of the possible issues are in no particular order.  Is the domestic flight on the overseas airline, a code share partner, an alliance member, etc.  Are there domestic seats availble as you know much smaller number of domestic seats than over water seats.  Is it in Regent's contract with the airline.  Are there seats available, etc. etc., etc.

Sorry but, nobody can give any definitive answer and as they say, YMMV  Good luck in any case.

• Like 1

These cruises are very expensive 

trips to Asia involve very long flights

i can’t imagine not paying an additional relatively small amount to choose your flights ASAP. When we flew to China last spring Regent rejected our first choice of flying to Beijing through DFW. Instead we flew first class from Philly to LAX and spent the night at the Marriott (our points) and flew business to Beijing next day.

worked out very well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rallydave said:

Absolutely impossible for anyone to know until your flights are actually ticketed and you are informed at the 75 day mark.  Some but, not all of the possible issues are in no particular order.  Is the domestic flight on the overseas airline, a code share partner, an alliance member, etc.  Are there domestic seats availble as you know much smaller number of domestic seats than over water seats.  Is it in Regent's contract with the airline.  Are there seats available, etc. etc., etc.

Sorry but, nobody can give any definitive answer and as they say, YMMV  Good luck in any case.

Thanks  rallydave.  I will likely just deviate and get the flights I want. Worth the money in my opinion.