Dubai cruise

garrob

Hello folks, I am looking for some information regarding my upcoming fly/cruise from Dubai on the MSC Bellissima.

We are travelling from Edinburgh to Dubai on Friday 14th arriving in Dubai at 06.30am on the 15th. We sail on the 15th and was wondering what time we would get on the ship as transfers are included from the Airport.

Also, we are flying with Emirates and as we booked through MSC can we resreve seats on the plane?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

We did this trip a couple of years ago, boarding in Abu Dhabi. The majority of passengers boarded in Dubai, that morning they made public announcements about breakfast being available for new passengers, suggesting that they had come direct from the airport and cabins became available mid morning, very impressive.

Also done it with Royal Caribbean, they took us to a hotel for breakfast, processed us there and ten to the ship where we boarded immediately.

31 minutes ago, garrob said:

Hello folks, I am looking for some information regarding my upcoming fly/cruise from Dubai on the MSC Bellissima.

We are travelling from Edinburgh to Dubai on Friday 14th arriving in Dubai at 06.30am on the 15th. We sail on the 15th and was wondering what time we would get on the ship as transfers are included from the Airport.

Also, we are flying with Emirates and as we booked through MSC can we resreve seats on the plane?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, looking at dates you will board on Feb 15th, we are boarding the week before and on a similar flight from Heathrow. There is a coffee shop that we tend to use as we exit arrival and sit for a while as they tend not to let you board that early. I think the earliest will be 10.00 as the previous cruise passengers have to disembark and the port is 25/30 min from the airport. However if you have MSC tfrs included I don't know what the proceedure will be

If you are on an MSC package you will not be able to book seats as they have taken a block booking -we had this on a Caribbean cruise in January even though we were travelling business class the seats were allocated at check in.

Sorry can't help further

Liz

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:42 AM, garrob said:

HI, as an aside, who did you call/use with MSC to do flights?

We did a TA (another cruiseline) and booked the flight (biz) through the cruiseline. I thought MSC didn't have air relationships to make that worthwhile.

We are looking at a world voyage and the flights are prohibitive--so advice welcome

10 hours ago, Fogfog said:

HI, as an aside, who did you call/use with MSC to do flights?

We did a TA (another cruiseline) and booked the flight (biz) through the cruiseline. I thought MSC didn't have air relationships to make that worthwhile.

We are looking at a world voyage and the flights are prohibitive--so advice welcome

I think you have to talk to your travel agent or MSC USA as things are different this side of the pond

We travelled fly/cruise from Dublin to Dubai with Emirates/MSC. A few weeks before the flight, I emailed MSC customer services(UK) and they gave me a ref number which I used to contact emirates and book seats for our party of 4. We were able to select our preferred seats. On arrival at Dubai, we assembled at the transfer pick up point, waited for the buses and were processed at the port immediately on arrival, boarding immediately, probably at about 10am. Staterooms were not available but we were able to use our drinks packages as long as we had the relevant page of the booking documents. Rooms were ready at about 12.30 IIRC. Ken

We did a cruise with MSC out of Dubai on Feb and the MSC transfers bus was there when we arrived very early in the morning with Emirates . We were at the port before 8 and the boarded us straight away.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:04 AM, emmas gran said:

I think you have to talk to your travel agent or MSC USA as things are different this side of the pond

TY

I was told here on CC that MSC has no airline relationships...

Perhaps it is only available originating in the UK for ex?

So cheaper flights if I get myself to London? IDK

With other lines and their relationships, one way flights and rt long haul biz class are better buys via cruise-airline relationships