RCI refunded wrong person

gepgelmik

So, I'm pretty laid back about little cruise inconveniences, but this was really, really disappointing. I'll do my best to explain what happened.

A friend and I booked side by side Studio balconies on Anthem for March (two separate reservation numbers). I've sailed in one of these before and chose the hump room. A week or so later, I decided to switch rooms with my friend  so that she could have the giant oversized balcony (since it would be her first cruise). We called and switched the rooms. A few days later, I logged in to discover that both her reservation and mine were visible on my account (still two separate reservation numbers, but nothing showed up on her RCI account). We called again and hers was removed from my account, and all seemed well. 

As the final payment date approached, my friend had to cancel her cruise, but she never received her refund.  When she called, they refused to give her the money as they claimed the payment had been made from the same card they refunded to- a card that doesn't belong to her. 

Basically, instead of switching our rooms, they just switched our names and reservation numbers, and then refunded me the money. I gave her the money, but I find this situation absurd. 

Final payment for the cruise is Dec 2nd, and I had planned on still going, but now I wonder if all is well with my reservation. They seem to have messed it up every time I've dealt with them about this trip. At this point, I don't know if I can even get all of my money back. I also booked this particular itinerary to work around my friend's schedule, but I've been on the same trip 2 times and would prefer something different, but now I wonder if I can make changes without losing money.

Any suggestions?