Booking Stateroom

Floridastorm

When booking a stateroom on the MSC website it requests to know what level that you want; Bella, Fantastica, or Aurea. I tried Bella and then did a mock confirmation. It would not allow me to pick my own stateroom. In a sense it was a guarantee stateroom where MSC assigns it. Do I have to move up to Fantastica in order to choose my own stateroom? If I am able to choose my own stateroom under Bella why is it not allowing me to do so? I'm choosing an Oceanview stateroom. It also would not allow me to choose Aurea at all. Would I have to move up to Balcony in order to pick Aurea?

Thanks Again,

Dave

All cabin types and associated experiences are available to book where you can choose the actual stateroom.  As time goes by and cabin types book up MSC will still make some categories available as guarantee bookings, it just means the category is officially booked up at the moment.  It's pretty common for Bella cabins to book up first, likewise ocean views book up early because there are comparatively few of them.  There are no Aurea ocean views, although some might consider the sealed panoramic window Aurea suites on Fantasia class ships as glorified ocean views.  On most ships Aurea starts only at the balcony and suite level, the only exception I know of is there are a couple Aurea interiors on Seaside class. 

7 minutes ago, Até said:

All cabin types and associated experiences are available to book where you can choose the actual stateroom.  As time goes by and cabin types book up MSC will still make some categories available as guarantee bookings, it just means the category is officially booked up at the moment.  It's pretty common for Bella cabins to book up first, likewise ocean views book up early because there are comparatively few of them.  There are no Aurea ocean views, although some might consider the sealed panoramic window Aurea suites on Fantasia class ships as glorified ocean views.  On most ships Aurea starts only at the balcony and suite level, the only exception I know of is there are a couple Aurea interiors on Seaside class. 

That answers my questions indubitably. Thanks very much. Most appreciated 🛳️