Carnival Horizon- Which spa floor is better?

blueskadoo

Hi everyone! We're going on Horizon in February (can't wait!) and have booked a spa balcony. We had final payment due not too long ago and a few rooms come open in our category and I'm trying to decide if a room switch would be a good idea. We're currently in 14222, but there's a few spa balconies open on 11th deck. Our desire to switch from 14 comes from 2 things- 1 that the balcony is uncovered and 2- a concern that the serenity area could be loud. I've tried looking at the deck plans and figure out if 11 would be better. I know the balcony would be covered but the noise is more important than the shade. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by blueskadoo

We have always chose deck 12. So can't help much. We usually get a room just about under where your room is. We don't hear anything from the Serenity area, but you are a lot closer to the hot tubs. 

We prefer covered balcony in the summer months. It gets too hot in the open. In February I would think would be fine. 

What ever you decide, let us know. I may get out of my comfort zone and try another deck!

We had a 14th floor spa balcony on the Vista last October. The room and spa were great.

Only two elevators went to the 14th and 15th floors, we usually walked up/down to the 12th floor to get access to the full bank of elevators.

Edited by dan4182

We stayed in an 11th floor inside spa room in January on the Horizon. There wasn’t any noise at all. You do have to up up a couple of floors to get to the spa area but at the end of the hallway is a special staircase. I’d say you won’t hear too much noise from Serenity during the day but I bet when they put the lounge chairs on in the morning you will. 
We’ve done a spa balcony on the Magic, I think, and we prefer the covered balcony. On our Panorama cruise in January we were booked on the 12th floor in a spa balcony and moved to the 11th floor spa balcony to take advantage of almost $400 OBC. Honesty, put me wherever as long as I can enjoy the thermal suites. 

We had a balcony on the 11th deck, away from the doors that open to the main pool area.  They get slammed shut all day and night long.  We were just opposite the elevators and stairs, easy access.  Partial covered balcony gave us shade if we wanted it.

Don't forget to pick up the exfoliant kit from the spa desk, it won't be in the room and you do have to request it in person.

Edited by evandbob

7 minutes ago, evandbob said:

We had a balcony on the 11th deck, away from the doors that open to the main pool area.  They get slammed shut all day and night long.  We were just opposite the elevators and stairs, easy access.  Covered balcony gave us shade if we wanted it.

Would room 11209 be near these doors you speak of?