buying the UDP but with children? - clarification pls

jceric2002

hi friends

we are going to get the UDP but we have children below 5 years old who are supposed to be free.  But im not sure whether we should include them when we buy so as to make sure that our reservation is for table for 4 or just dont buy for them anymore?  if we include them, then RCL will charge us 2 extra adult rates for our children and then... just give us back the same amount as OBC credit?  is this correct?  if yes, i suppose its okay since we still need to pay gratuities after the cruise and any extra OBC credit can be used towards paying gratuities right?  thanks in advance 

Just now, jceric2002 said:

hi friends

we are going to get the UDP but we have children below 5 years old who are supposed to be free.  But im not sure whether we should include them when we buy so as to make sure that our reservation is for table for 4 or just dont buy for them anymore?  if we include them, then RCL will charge us 2 extra adult rates for our children and then... just give us back the same amount as OBC credit?  is this correct?  if yes, i suppose its okay since we still need to pay gratuities after the cruise and any extra OBC credit can be used towards paying gratuities right?  thanks in advance 

You would get a full refund for the kids on board however since you are not making any reservations before the cruise there is no need to add them to your group.  When you go the first day just let them know you are a party of 4. 

oh... so basically, what you mean is

if we buy the 5 NIGHT DINING PACKAGE, we must include the children because we need to make advance reservation...

but if we buy the UDP, we dont need to include children due to we cant make advance reservation anyway...

so why bother right?

hi friends, 

so again, just to clarify if i get you correctly,  i do NOT need to buy any package for our children whether its 5 night or UDP ... is this correct?

and should i choose to buy them packages, RCL will credit the amount back to us in the form of an OBC which we can THEN use to pay for our gratuities ...

am i 100% correct this time?

thanks and sorry for too many questions

7 minutes ago, jceric2002 said:

hi friends, 

so again, just to clarify if i get you correctly,  i do NOT need to buy any package for our children whether its 5 night or UDP ... is this correct?

and should i choose to buy them packages, RCL will credit the amount back to us in the form of an OBC which we can THEN use to pay for our gratuities ...

am i 100% correct this time?

thanks and sorry for too many questions

Correct