Travel agent

fishy9

5 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Still incorrect Julig.   Check out the transfer form:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL_Direct_Guest_Form_111617.pdf

Exactly what is incorrect?

From YOUR first post:

Q: If my reservation is paid in full can I still transfer it?

A: No, if the reservation has been paid in full for over 24 hours we are not able to accommodate a transfer.

From transfer form:

Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 30 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full.

OP is asking about after final payment.

10 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Okay, now I'm confused.  

After the official final payment due date has arrived = then no transfer.

After you have paid in full before final payment due date = 24 more hours.

Is that correct?

I believe so.

29 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I'm just curious, but why would you want to move to a travel agent? Is the travel agent a friend or maybe you have a problem with NCL and feel that an agent could handle the problem quicker and with less hassle?

It is only a guess, but I wouldn't think it would be the latter or the OP could have just asked the Travel Agent directly. I don't get this...you do the research yourself, you do the booking yourself, you get your questions answered on an Internet forum (where people will argue back and forth because they don't have the correct information), and then you transfer the booking to a Travel Agent who gets PAID for all of the work you've done. Gives a whole new meaning to Money for Nothing...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

It is only a guess, but I wouldn't think it would be the latter or the OP could have just asked the Travel Agent directly. I don't get this...you do the research yourself, you do the booking yourself, you get your questions answered on an Internet forum (where people will argue back and forth because they don't have the correct information), and then you transfer the booking to a Travel Agent who gets PAID for all of the work you've done. Gives a whole new meaning to Money for Nothing...

I usually book through my travel agent, but on occasion have booked myself and then transferred it.  I do it so I can get a little of my money back via OBC.  

1 minute ago, Travelicious said:

I usually book through my travel agent, but on occasion have booked myself and then transferred it.  I do it so I can get a little of my money back via OBC.  

You don't get the OBC if the Travel Agent does the booking in the first place? If not, WHY not? And why OBC? Ask your Travel Agent for $xx off of the price instead of $xx in OBC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

You don't get the OBC if the Travel Agent does the booking in the first place? If not, WHY not? And why OBC? Ask your Travel Agent for $xx off of the price instead of $xx in OBC.

I do get the OBC if she does the booking.  I like having OBC.  

35 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

I'm just curious, but why would you want to move to a travel agent? Is the travel agent a friend or maybe you have a problem with NCL and feel that an agent could handle the problem quicker and with less hassle?

A Travel Agent usually can add extra incentives, in addition the deal you already have with NCL. If we see a good deal come  up on the internet, we book it right away. Then we have 30 days to transfer it to our TA. And she has always come through for us! NCL will not match any deal from the TA. Check around with several TA, and see what they can add on after booking with NCL. You may be surprised. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

I do get the OBC if she does the booking.  I like having OBC.  

Ok, then. Since you get the OBC either way...back to my original point. WHY are you doing the work yourself when the Travel Agent is the one being PAID to do that work? Seems foolish to me to do the work that someone else gets paid to do. I see no benefit in it, and actually it creates MORE work since you have to do the transfer (which does NOT have to be done if the TA does the original booking).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, morrisretired said:

A Travel Agent usually can add extra incentives, in addition the deal you already have with NCL. If we see a good deal come  up on the internet, we book it right away. Then we have 30 days to transfer it to our TA. And she has always come through for us! NCL will not match any deal from the TA. Check around with several TA, and see what they can add on after booking with NCL. You may be surprised. 

But again...the TA can also add those same incentives and book the cruise in the first place, no? With less work on my part...which, btw, is what they are there for.

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

But again...the TA can also add those same incentives and book the cruise in the first place, no? With less work on my part...which, btw, is what they are there for.

I book my cruises based on what NCL (at this point anyway) is offering, so I'm already doing the work by looking at the itinerary, so basically no more work on my part to actually make a reservation.  I'll do a mock booking to see what it will cost and if I'm serious, I'll put it (and cabin selection, if available) on hold while I think about it. Sometimes I will book it directly, other times I will call the TA and let her book it if she can for the same price, since promos and prices seem to fluctuate at the drop of a hat.  I actually  had 1 cruise disappear the day after I booked it - if I hadn't done it myself, I would have lost out completely.  And I seem to do my best cruise planning at odd hours, when my TA isn't available.

As to the transfer, which is a simple email form that the TA fills out and sends to me, I do that for 2 reasons - first, I get a rebate from the TA, plus OBC some of the time. But the value of a TA for me is that I can call and let her deal with NCL when I want a change.  If I try to call NCL, I either can't get through or I get someone who can't help me.  My TA always gets through and gets my upgrades and flight arrangements taken care of in less time than it would take me to even get someone to answer the phone.

12 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I book my cruises based on what NCL (at this point anyway) is offering, so I'm already doing the work by looking at the itinerary, so basically no more work on my part to actually make a reservation.  I'll do a mock booking to see what it will cost and if I'm serious, I'll put it (and cabin selection, if available) on hold while I think about it. Sometimes I will book it directly, other times I will call the TA and let her book it if she can for the same price, since promos and prices seem to fluctuate at the drop of a hat.  I actually  had 1 cruise disappear the day after I booked it - if I hadn't done it myself, I would have lost out completely.  And I seem to do my best cruise planning at odd hours, when my TA isn't available.

As to the transfer, which is a simple email form that the TA fills out and sends to me, I do that for 2 reasons - first, I get a rebate from the TA, plus OBC some of the time. But the value of a TA for me is that I can call and let her deal with NCL when I want a change.  If I try to call NCL, I either can't get through or I get someone who can't help me.  My TA always gets through and gets my upgrades and flight arrangements taken care of in less time than it would take me to even get someone to answer the phone.

Again...then if the TA is so wonderful and helpful, then allow them to help with everything....it can only be better that way.

I'm not advocating for or against the TA...or doing it yourself....just figure out which is best and stick with it.

16 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Again...then if the TA is so wonderful and helpful, then allow them to help with everything....it can only be better that way.

How is it better - my TA is doing everything except making MY cruise choices.  I'm already online.  I'm already at the point of booking by the time I see all my options.  Two more mouse clicks and I know my choices are locked in and I have all the relevant info in an email, ready to print out.  Much more efficient use of MY time.

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

How is it better - my TA is doing everything except making MY cruise choices.  I'm already online.  I'm already at the point of booking by the time I see all my options.  Two more mouse clicks and I know my choices are locked in and I have all the relevant info in an email, ready to print out.  Much more efficient use of MY time.

Well...online you can only see SOME of the available cabins, your TA can see ALL available cabins, so you are making a decision without all of the available information. Better to talk with the TA. When NCL offers promos that can be combined, you do not have the ability to combine them online, your TA does. Better to talk with the TA.

In your scenario, what value does the TA bring since the booking is done before they get involved? If your argument is rebated money, then simply become a TA yourself (easy to do online, and you can only book yourself, friends and family...you aren't forced into business) and keep ALL of the commission.

15 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Well...online you can only see SOME of the available cabins, your TA can see ALL available cabins, so you are making a decision without all of the available information. Better to talk with the TA. When NCL offers promos that can be combined, you do not have the ability to combine them online, your TA does. Better to talk with the TA.

In your scenario, what value does the TA bring since the booking is done before they get involved? If your argument is rebated money, then simply become a TA yourself (easy to do online, and you can only book yourself, friends and family...you aren't forced into business) and keep ALL of the commission.

I will repeat -" But the value of a TA for me is that I can call and let her deal with NCL when I want a change.  If I try to call NCL, I either can't get through or I get someone who can't help me.  My TA always gets through and gets my upgrades and flight arrangements taken care of in less time than it would take me to even get someone to answer the phone. "

I'm not overly picky about my cabin, so that is not an issue for me - I'm usually in the GTY category anyway by the time I book.  If there are additional promos, my TA will rebook and cancel what I already have, if I have completed the booking and paid a deposit.  It works for me - if you don't understand why I choose to do my own research, that's ok.

Just off hand - if your TA is a mom & pop corner store may not make much of difference - But take a mega-power

broker big box agent and you have problems with NCL about a host of technical details therein that TA agent has

clout to get the problem resolved.

Another feature the TA have their own direct phone line - so any action is not waiting on the general guest customer

que phone line to fix an issue.

Yes there are those rules regs and protocol of booking procedure but a TA may be able to have a Manager/Supervisor

waive them and not lose the TAs business.

TAs are sometimes offered a FAM cruise as in Familiarization Cruise to check a new ship or dry-dock upgrade - their

reports give you as the guest customer better insight to the details about a specific ships accommodations.

You can of course compare the benefits of booking through a TA or just doing it yourself - but as noted above

the ability to alter change a booking after Final Payment maybe restricted due to contract agreements.

After doing your research - settle on what it is going to be - TA or no TA.

There maybe a token TA fee for use of their services - but that is peanuts compared to doling out hundreds of dollars

in cruise fare.