Lots of questions about our existing cruise now being chartered

nunuc2000

33 minutes ago, TurboFlex said:

Abbydancer - here’s the original link I had for the Eclipse to be in dry dock in April 2020, before it was rescheduled a number of times.
https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Celebrity-Eclipse-631

TurboFlex

Thanks.  When I click it, I just get deck plans.  Nothing about dry dock dates.  And I'd like to know what you used to determine it was going back to 2020.  Nothing I've seen says it's going back.  

Celebrity Eclipse deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Celebrity Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).

Each of the Celebrity Eclipse cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Celebrity Eclipse staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.

Celebrity Eclipse (built 2010, last refurbished in 2015, scheduled "Celebrity Revolution" drydock refurbishment 2020 April) is the third Celebrity CruisesSolstice-class ship – together with Equinox,Reflection, Silhouette and Solstice.

Celebrity Eclipse cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1426 staterooms for 2850 passengers (max capacity is 3420 guests), served by 1250 crew and staff. The ship has 13 passenger decks (out of 16) with 10 restaurants/food bars (of which 4 are specialty), 15 lounges/bars, 18 shops/boutiques, 4 swimming pools, 6 jacuzzies, 10 elevators, 61 solar panels (power output 15,5 kW, location – on the Eclipse ship’s Solarium Pool glass roof).

The ship’s laundry facilities are not self-service laundromats (laundrettes). Laundry, dry-cleaning and pressing services are available at additional cost (prices are per item).

Cruise ship Internet "Xcelerate"

Since 2016, Celebrity Cruises Eclipse passengers are offered the “Xcelerate” – high-speed onboard Internet access available throughout the whole itinerary (both in ports of call and at sea). The new satellite technology guarantees stable and fast VPN connections, allowing faster web browsing and HD video streaming.

• The new Xcelerate Internet service allows fast streaming of music and HD movies (incl YouTube and Netflix), uploading multiple pictures (incl big-sized), video chatting (FaceTime, Skype).
  • Xcelerate Internet packages can be purchased on the ship or upon booking (in advance). The unlimited Internet prices (per person) vary by cruise itinerary length – USD 140 (5- to 9-day itineraries) and USD 199 (10-day and longer itineraries). For passengers booking “Go Big” promotion deals the unlimited Internet is a complimentary (free of charge) amenity.

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Just received this email from Celebrity via my TA. It still leaves a number of important questions unanswered, such as the revised itinerary and how they'll calculate the refund and OBC amounts, but I like what I see. For example, the flight-change reimbursement and the refundable nature of the OBC.

Please be advised that due to an extended dry-dock, your 10-Night Hawaii sailing on Celebrity Eclipse departing April 10, 2020, will be shortened to an 8-Night Hawaii sailing now departing April 12, 2020.

Details of compensation and other information are listed below.

You may choose to remain on the shortened sailing now departing April 12, 2020.  Celebrity Cruises will provide a refund of two (2) nights of the cruise fare and will also provide an onboard credit in the amount of one (1) full day of cruise fare paid for this sailing. It will be applied directly to your onboard account and may be used for any onboard purchase or service. Any unused portion will be refunded to you at the end of the cruise.

If you incur a fee due to the change in your airline reservations, Celebrity Cruises will reimburse up to $150 per person for Domestic and $200 for International Flights. A faxed copy of air change fees accessed must be provided for reimbursement.

Fair response within 24 hours or so of it initially being reported and the one day OBC is refundable.  Celebrity refunds OBC to method of payment so it goes back on to my credit card.

My checklist for schedule change reimbursement:

1. Get resolutions email contact or website if there is one

2. Get the fax number/website for air change fees

3. Get specifics on when the refund will be processed and how it will be returned.  

4. Confirm the calculation methods and what reimbursements will be covered. Obviously stated flight change fees but what about non-refundable hotel? Will they cover breakfast if it is bundled into hotel package?  Will they also refund 2 days for purchased daily packages like beverage or ultimate dining?

I took a 6 day cruise on NCL Epic after dry dock a few years ago and they shortened the 7 day by a day a couple months in advance.  People were left guessing for days about delayed departure confirmation & reimbursement. By that point, much of the Southampton hotel prices for the extra night had shot up due to those paying attention self protecting.  It was a 1 day refund.

NCL still hadn't sorted out the credits and reimbursements by the time I got off the ship.  It was... not impressive.

That's all to say I think Celebrity's doing a bit better so far than some others have in this situation.  Good luck!

Edited by travelpeon

In a similar circumstance, Royal Caribbean gave an immediate refund for the two missing days, and that amount also as a FCC.  There was some money given to those who had to change their flights. A very small amount to cover hotel but then the refund for the missing days would presumably cover that. They are still allowed people to cancel for full refund if the delay was too onerous.I would expect Celebrity to do the same.

Given the fact that we are still a few weeks away from final payment, I'm wondering if Celebrity will simply reduce the amount owing or will expect payment of the full original amount and will make the refund at a later date.

I'm the one who originally contacted Celebrity earlier this week when I was looking for this cruise online in order to book our friends to join us... and I'm still waiting to hear back from Celebrity LOL!  Glad that some folks have been contacted by now... but still wondering where our contact is.  Sheesh.  Not very good customer service on Celebrity's part - I expected better communication from them. And the longer they take to contact people and communicate this schedule change, ESPECIALLY to those who are not on cruise critic and thus may not have any idea whatsoever, the more likely people are to be booking air fare and hotels and excursions, etc.... and the more issues there will be for guests and Celebrity to clean up this mess. I'm super annoyed about this!

My guess at this point is that Victoria will almost certainly be dropped, and that they will make up time on the open ocean giving us 4 days at sea instead of 5, and they'll keep all the current Hawaiian ports in their current order.  BUT... that's only a guess on my part.  I'd really like to know for sure so we can plan accordingly, (and let our friends in Victoria know that we won't be visiting with them on April 11th afterall... 😞 )

2 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

I'm the one who originally contacted Celebrity earlier this week when I was looking for this cruise online in order to book our friends to join us... and I'm still waiting to hear back from Celebrity LOL!  Glad that some folks have been contacted by now... but still wondering where our contact is.  Sheesh.  Not very good customer service on Celebrity's part - I expected better communication from them. And the longer they take to contact people and communicate this schedule change, ESPECIALLY to those who are not on cruise critic and thus may not have any idea whatsoever, the more likely people are to be booking air fare and hotels and excursions, etc.... and the more issues there will be for guests and Celebrity to clean up this mess. I'm super annoyed about this!

You do realize that there are 3,000 people to be contacted? And if you used a TA... you will have to wait for the TA to contact you. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

You do realize that there are 3,000 people to be contacted? And if you used a TA... you will have to wait for the TA to contact you. 🙂 

An organization the size and scope of Celebrity should have the ability to build a master list of passengers as they book, along with their email and/or their TA's email. I notice that they have no difficulty reaching out to me (several times a week) encouraging me to purchase drink packages, excursions, etc., for this specific cruise, so I'm thinking that they actually have this capability already.

My Big Box TA received notification two days ago, and informed its customers right away. While other TA's may not be quite as quick, there are posts here and on the roll call from passengers who booked directly with Celebrity who still haven't been notified. That's inexcusable IMO.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, brellis said:

Post from roll call so unofficial: (if holds then this is acceptable)

New Itinerary is 

April 12-16 your at Sea

17th Hilo

18th Kona

19 Maui

20th Honolulu

Where did you get this information? I'm wondering why the change in order.

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Where did you get this information? I'm wondering why the change in order.

was posted on the roll call....not sure where it came from. Would hold off on actively making changes until we hear officially. 

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

An organization the size and scope of Celebrity should have the ability to build a master list of passengers as they book, along with their email and/or their TA's email. I notice that they have no difficulty reaching out to me (several times a week) encouraging me to purchase drink packages, excursions, etc., for this specific cruise, so I'm thinking that they actually have this capability already.

My Big Box TA received notification two days ago, and informed its customers right away. While other TA's may not be quite as quick, there are posts here and on the roll call from passengers who booked directly with Celebrity who still haven't been notified. That's inexcusable IMO.

Exactly my thoughts!!  We booked directly with Celebrity, so no TA to wait on.  And yet I have gotten 13, yes 13!!!! generic mass emails from Celebrity since Wednesday urging us to buy excursions, drink packages, specialty dining, book on the Edge, etc. etc. etc.

Surely they could have emailed the passengers on this sailing at least advising there is a change coming.  Incredibly poor communication on their part.  

23 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

Exactly my thoughts!!  We booked directly with Celebrity, so no TA to wait on.  And yet I have gotten 13, yes 13!!!! generic mass emails from Celebrity since Wednesday urging us to buy excursions, drink packages, specialty dining, book on the Edge, etc. etc. etc.

Surely they could have emailed the passengers on this sailing at least advising there is a change coming.  Incredibly poor communication on their part.  

Totally agree.

various sites still showing Eclispe not due for dry dock until 2021 - wonder why it’s been move back to April 2020 as this was one of the original dates when we booked at the beginning of this year. 

September 24, 2019

(12:10 p.m. EDT) -- Celebrity Cruises has pushed back the multimillion dollar refurbishment of Celebrity Eclipse to spring 2021. The ship was scheduled to enter dry dock on October 27, 2020 and stay for a month. Instead, the ship will enter dry dock on March 7, 2021 and remain until April 3, 2021.

"Through 2023, Celebrity Cruises has dedicated more than $500 million toward a fleetwide modernization effort known as 'The Celebrity Revolution,'" a spokesperson for Celebrity Cruises said. "As part of this effort, four ships were scheduled to complete 'Revolutionary' modernizations in 2020, including Celebrity Eclipse. Due to operational efficiencies, the brand is rescheduling the dry dock of Celebrity Eclipse."

The line apologized for the inconvenience the schedule change has caused and is in the process of contacting affected passengers to re-accommodate them.

The change in schedule has allowed the cruise line to add two new 2020 Asia sailings traveling roundtrip from Singapore and calling in Vietnam and Thailand, as well as three new 2021 sailings, including a visit to the Great Barrier Reef out of Melbourne; a sailing to Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan; and a Japan and Bering Sea transpacific sailing out of Tokyo.

In 2019, three ships in the Celebrity fleet underwent a Revolution refurbishment: Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Summit and Celebrity Equinox. Refurbishments still on for 2020 are Celebrity Silhouette (January), Celebrity Constellation (April) and Celebrity Infinity (October/November).

And still zero communication from Celebrity…

As I mentioned previously, we booked directly with them, no TA involved… So in my opinion, no excuse to not have contacted us yet. Several members on our Roll Call have reported receiving communications from both their TA as well as directly from Celebrity.

Like I said before, the longer they leave it to communicate this pretty big change to their guests, especially the ones who are totally unaware because they are not on Cruise critic, the more issues there will be for both Celebrity and guests to clean up this mess - this past week surely there have been more folks planning excursions, flights, ground transportation, hotel accommodations etc. etc. etc.  And for those of us who are still waiting on official communication, that means we are also waiting to book hotels and flights, and we are at the mercy of those fluctuating prices. 

Just really poor communication all around from Celebrity. I honestly expected so much better from them.  I have now received 23 mass emails virtually begging us to purchase excursions and drink packages and Wi-Fi packages and specialty dining etc.... but not a single peep about the fact that they are shortening this cruise. Not even a simple message asking guests to be patient as they try and work out the details before finally providing the whole picture of information. 

Spoke with my TA today - when she spoke with Celebrity they had a revised routing for this cruise, same ports minus Victoria, but not in the order of the original cruise. 
April 12 - depart Vancouver 

April 13 - 16 at sea

April 17 - Hilo

April 18 - Kona

April 19 - Lahaina

April 20 - Honolulu 

still waiting to hear about fare changes & OBC as Celebrity hasn’t confirmed with her what will be given (e.g. 2 days credit + OBC). 

Hopefully within the next week we’ll have some answers.  We hadn’t made any shore excursion booking yet, we’ll see what plays out. 

• Like 1