Move up questions

Taclin01

2 hours ago, lawk said:

What is the difference between booking a guarantee and bidding on a cabin? Either way, you do not know your cabin in advance of paying for it. 

2 hours ago, lawk said:

What is the difference between booking a guarantee and bidding on a cabin? Either way, you do not know your cabin in advance of paying for it. 

Booking a guarantee buys you a cabin at a set price, but location is TBD closer to sail date.

Move up bid is putting a price you're comfortable with paying on a cabin class;  if you 'win' the bid over others the cabin location will be determined quite close to sail date and you will be charged the bid you made on your Visa.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jim_Iain said:

It may be a bit different on Edge.    We were on Edge recently and were surprised when the bar tender on the first day asked for our sea pass.   I asked the MCC about it later and he indicated that all passengers without drink packages are limited to the Classic price limit in the lounge unless they have a premium package.   I'm not sure how they monitor it or how closely they enforce it.   I was surprised as the original methodology was you could pretty much get anything you wished without a package.

That is good to know Jim, I sail a lot and missed this news. Although servers have asked for cards they didn't explain why, except they wanted to upsell me once in MC in May. Which was weird, they could have explained the policy change. I wonder if it is posted on website. I remember when they really went out their way to impress in MC. On the crossing we had a premium package and I am sure I was never served anything over classic in the retreat. 😉