Move up questions

Taclin01

1 hour ago, SIRSONIC said:

Just was notified my bid to upgrade from aqua class to a celebrity suite was accepted. The aqua class cabin included an OBC and classic alcohol package perks. The current sale price for the celebrity suite includes the premium alcohol package, internet and gratuities. Does anyone know if the perks will be included with the Move up celebrity suite.

Don’t forget about the extra gratuity amount in a suite as opposed to your previous Aqua stateroom (butler).

It’s a small price to pay for the suite experience.

Have a Wonderful time.

Randy

11 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Are you able to bid in anything other than five dollar increments? For ex instead of bidding 200 can we bid 201?

I don’t recall reading anything about bids being in increments of $5, so as far as I know, your $201 could be submitted and might very well be a differentiator.

Randy

1 hour ago, SIRSONIC said:

Just was notified my bid to upgrade from aqua class to a celebrity suite was accepted. The aqua class cabin included an OBC and classic alcohol package perks. The current sale price for the celebrity suite includes the premium alcohol package, internet and gratuities. Does anyone know if the perks will be included with the Move up celebrity suite.

We were notified yesterday - from C1 to S1 - cruise date Silhouette 12/13.  Are you on the same sailing?  My understanding from prior posters is you keep the same perks you had originally.  Our reservation shows us still with a Classic not Premium Bev. Pkg.; no extra OBC or internet as far as I know. Extra Suite Grats were added to our confirmation automatically and will be paid along with the bid offer. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SIRSONIC said:

Yes, we are on the 12/13 sailing. Just received the updated invoice from my travel agent. It confirms we keep the perks we had and no additional items have been added.

Did you go to an S1 or S2?  We would have preferred the S2 but the one I was trying to switch to was gone by the time I got through to my X agent.  Maybe you??   Our S1 is pretty far from the elevator for DH, but he'll just have to adjust....LOL.

6 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Good luck from this Canadian also....this is the first time our bid was accepted.

Carole

Hi Carole

From one Londoner to another........

Your Classic Beverage will apply to all of the bars on the ship. If you see a drink on the Premium Beverage Package that you would like to try, these bars will charge you the price difference between that drink and the maximum covered under your Classic Beverage Package.

Try this as an alternative ...order that Premium Beverage Package drink when you are in Michael’s Club. You will not need to show your card in there, so there will not be an upcharge. Just a suggestion.

Randy

12 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

Hi Carole

From one Londoner to another........

Your Classic Beverage will apply to all of the bars on the ship. If you see a drink on the Premium Beverage Package that you would like to try, these bars will charge you the price difference between that drink and the maximum covered under your Classic Beverage Package.

Try this as an alternative ...order that Premium Beverage Package drink when you are in Michael’s Club. You will not need to show your card in there, so there will not be an upcharge. Just a suggestion.

Randy

Thanks...good tip......we've accepted that 'up charge' in the past.  I wondered how they would graciously handle the Prem. vs. Classic requests in Michaels..couldn't imagine the server denying our request in a group telling us 'you have to pay the difference or choose another bev. from the menu."....LOL.  Our beverage tastes are simple  - Premium isn't missed in most cases and don't usually order out of the Classic list.  BTW....are you located in London proper or the surrounding area?  We're in RiverBend golf community if you know it.

25 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Thanks...good tip......we've accepted that 'up charge' in the past.  I wondered how they would graciously handle the Prem. vs. Classic requests in Michaels..couldn't imagine the server denying our request in a group telling us 'you have to pay the difference or choose another bev. from the menu."....LOL.  Our beverage tastes are simple  - Premium isn't missed in most cases and don't usually order out of the Classic list.  BTW....are you located in London proper or the surrounding area?  We're in RiverBend golf community if you know it.

They will not ask for your sea pass in Michaels Club or the Retreat Lounge so you can order from the premium beverage list there. If you are on a ship with the Retreat Sun Deck you will have to show your card so you might have an upcharge.

BEWARE!

If you are booked with children in a 4 berth cabin, and bid for an upgrade, you may find you are put into a three berth cabin. If one of the passengers booked is 6 or under, they feel that child can sleep in a porta crib. 

It happened to a client and  no amount of pleading, going up the ladder, etc., would place the family back in a 4 berth cabin.

3 hours ago, sippican said:

BEWARE!

If you are booked with children in a 4 berth cabin, and bid for an upgrade, you may find you are put into a three berth cabin. If one of the passengers booked is 6 or under, they feel that child can sleep in a porta crib. 

It happened to a client and  no amount of pleading, going up the ladder, etc., would place the family back in a 4 berth cabin.

Amazing.  I would never had thought that Celebrity would move someone from a four berth cabin to a three berth cabin.  Celebrity would not even allow them to take a downgrade back to their four berth cabin?
I do not even know what else to say, except,  are you sure?

23 hours ago, SIRSONIC said:

No it will not.   You will retain the perks you currently have but will not get the Premium Drink Package.   You will retain your Classic Package.

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

They will not ask for your sea pass in Michaels Club or the Retreat Lounge so you can order from the premium beverage list there. If you are on a ship with the Retreat Sun Deck you will have to show your card so you might have an upcharge.

It may be a bit different on Edge.    We were on Edge recently and were surprised when the bar tender on the first day asked for our sea pass.   I asked the MCC about it later and he indicated that all passengers without drink packages are limited to the Classic price limit in the lounge unless they have a premium package.   I'm not sure how they monitor it or how closely they enforce it.   I was surprised as the original methodology was you could pretty much get anything you wished without a package.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It may be a bit different on Edge.    We were on Edge recently and were surprised when the bar tender on the first day asked for our sea pass.   I asked the MCC about it later and he indicated that all passengers without drink packages are limited to the Classic price limit in the lounge unless they have a premium package.   I'm not sure how they monitor it or how closely they enforce it.   I was surprised as the original methodology was you could pretty much get anything you wished without a package.

I learn something ever day.  We just returned from Equinox and did not see the server in the Retreat Lounge ask for sea pass cards, even on the first day. Maybe Edge is different.  

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Amazing.  I would never had thought that Celebrity would move someone from a four berth cabin to a three berth cabin.  Celebrity would not even allow them to take a downgrade back to their four berth cabin?
I do not even know what else to say, except,  are you sure?

Clients of a fellow TA  (who has tried to intervene on their behalf).

5 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I learn something ever day.  We just returned from Equinox and did not see the server in the Retreat Lounge ask for sea pass cards, even on the first day. Maybe Edge is different.  

Could be as it was also a TA where many suite guests did not have drink packages.   The description came up when I had asked John (Concierge) why they asked for cards at the Retreat Pool Deck -  he explained to me that on Edge at least you didn't need a drink package if your drink was below the classic level unless you had a premium package then you could get premium drinks.

Yes, it is possible that none of your bids would be accepted.  You will have more competition for the balcony cabins, but I would think the probability of success depends on your bid amount.  If you review the sticky above on Move up bidding, you can see some people’s results.

1 hour ago, healthworker said:

MOVE UP STRATEGIES NEEDED:

If there are three times the balcony cabins available compared to OV, and I am in an inside cabin...should I cancel the OV bid to better my chances of getting a balcony...or is it possible I would get nothing at all??

I personally would bid on all available options if they are in the price range you are comfortable with.    Cancelling other bids will not enhance you odds of winning.

You can definitely not win any.    It all depends on how many rooms are available and the bids other passengers make.