Is Princess cruise a premium cruise line?

zltm089

19 hours ago, pris993 said:

Yes, I can tell you I have cruised Princess, Celebrity, Holland America, Cunard recently... we are elite on both Princess and Celebrity... very little difference between of them.   Different cruises prefer on line over another, each has its pluses and minuses.  

Do you know of other cruise lines which are in the same category as Celebrity, HAL, Princess and Cunard?

52 minutes ago, zltm089 said:

Do you know of other cruise lines which are in the same category as Celebrity, HAL, Princess and Cunard?

These are the cruise lines I have been on in the past 10 years.  Lines do change over time.    Besides the above lines, we have cruised on NCL (cheaper generally, good value for $, but imho, not as good);  RRCL (Royal Caribbean Cruise Line) have not been on it in 25 years, would guess similar but has very large ships appeals to families more;  Crystal Cruise line -- last cruise on it 20 years ago, more expensive, we did not think good value for the higher price so have not repeated this line, some feel it far better, but the price is too;  one line we have not cruised on is Oceania, many might say it is in same class or better, we have not elected it because more causal - we like the formal nights on the other lines.     There are other lines that cater to Europeans, I see you in London... we have stayed with lines that cater to US cruisers, so can't speak to them.  

So if we can cruise in a suite with all perks included on Celebrity or Princess with similar itineraries for the same price as a regular balcony on either Oceania or Azamara, is it OK to say Celebrity and Princess offer a higher quality of cruise? My reasoning is we have a lot more fun on X and Princess cruises and the food isn’t THAT much better on O and Az. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pris993 said:

Crystal Cruise line -- last cruise on it 20 years ago, more expensive, we did not think good value for the higher price so have not repeated this line, some feel it far better, but the price is too;  

You can actually get some good deals on Crystal which make it only a little dearer than Princess in general, taking inclusions into account, although the current Princess promotions have changed that to some degree.

We enjoyed a Crystal Panama Canal cruise in 2018 that was exceptionally good value for money and we are booked to go on a Crystal Grand Journey cruise in May that also has substantial savings.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ