Brief Update/Review Nieuw Statendam Dec. 1-15, 2019 photo links, turnaround details

loupana

Currently at the airport ready to head home after two great weeks on Nieuw Statendam. Loved the ship the food, the service and the music walk. But was not impressed with the lack of World Stage Entertainment/Shows.

Shout out to Andre at Grand Dutch Cafe who made us our Aspen Coffee's we love. Didn't matter what he made for us the attention to detail and service was fantastic. Added photos to see his excellent work.

Club Orange staff, Dewa and Bagus were amazing.

Tamarind servers, Sukma and Martha, Canaletto server Suvat again these people were amazing.

We will be making a special mention of all of them on our post cruise survey.

I've also add the menu's from Club Orange for our second week (except I missed one) and the When and Where's from our second week. Also added our Disembarkation Information letter we got on our last night. FYI, we were Pink 2 and scheduled disembark at 8-8:15 AM. We walked off got our luggage very efficiently no issues and made our way to the airport, I don't think the whole disembark process to more than 15 minutes.

Looking forward to another HAL cruise in the future will have to try a different class ship to see what they have to offer.

Again anyone interested in photo's check out my first post that has links to all of them...

NIEUW STATENDAM - 2019-12-10_18-09-04.jpeg

NIEUW STATENDAM - 2019-12-11_18-38-20.jpeg

NIEUW STATENDAM - 2019-12-14_12-49-20.jpeg

NIEUW STATENDAM - 2019-12-13_16-17-41.jpeg

Day 8 Dinner Menu.pdf Day 10 Dinner Menu.pdf Day 11 Dinner Menu.pdf Day 12 Dinner Menu.pdf Day 13 Dinner Menu.pdf Day 14 Dinner Menu.pdf day 8 when and where.pdf day 9 when and where.pdf day 10 when and where.pdf day 11 when and where.pdf day 12 when and where.pdf day 13 when and where.pdf day 14 when and where.pdf Disembarkation Information.pdf

32 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

Currently at the airport ready to head home after two great weeks on Nieuw Statendam. Loved the ship the food, the service and the music walk. But was not impressed with the lack of World Stage Entertainment/Shows.

Shout out to Andre at Grand Dutch Cafe who made us our Aspen Coffee's we love. Didn't matter what he made for us the attention to detail and service was fantastic. Added photos to see his excellent work.

Tamarind servers, Sukma and Martha, Canaletto server Suvat again these people were amazing.

I've also add the menu's from Club Orange for our second week (except I missed one) and the When and Where's from our second week. Also added our Disembarkation Information letter we got on our last night. FYI, we were Pink 2 and scheduled disembark at 8-8:15 AM. We walked off got our luggage very efficiently no issues and made our way to the airport, I don't think the whole disembark process to more than 15 minutes.

Looking forward to another HAL cruise in the future will have to try a different class ship to see what they have to offer.

Again anyone interested in photo's check out my first post that has links to all of them...

Those coffee pics are amazing! Thank you for sharing all your info with us!

Safe travels!

Edited by cat shepard

2 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

NIEUW STATENDAM - 2019-12-14_12-49-20.jpeg

NIEUW STATENDAM - 2019-12-13_16-17-41.jpeg

Day 8 Dinner Menu.pdf 357.58 kB · 5 downloads Day 10 Dinner Menu.pdf 336.64 kB · 5 downloads Day 11 Dinner Menu.pdf 351.42 kB · 4 downloads Day 12 Dinner Menu.pdf 324.15 kB · 3 downloads Day 13 Dinner Menu.pdf 347.64 kB · 3 downloads Day 14 Dinner Menu.pdf 361.41 kB · 4 downloads day 8 when and where.pdf 984.53 kB · 1 download day 9 when and where.pdf 1.04 MB · 0 downloads day 10 when and where.pdf 1.02 MB · 0 downloads day 11 when and where.pdf 1.02 MB · 0 downloads day 12 when and where.pdf 1.65 MB · 0 downloads day 13 when and where.pdf 808.19 kB · 0 downloads day 14 when and where.pdf 1.22 MB · 0 downloads Disembarkation Information.pdf 737.49 kB · 2 downloads

For disembarkation, do you know what info was given for wheelchair assist?

21 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

For disembarkation, do you know what info was given for wheelchair assist?

SOP for wheelchair assist is to set up a meeting place, usually the Ocean Bar, to report to about 15 minutes before your color/number is to be called. 
When you arrive there, you should look for the person in charge, and check in with them. Then sit and relax. When your turn has come, you will be seated in a wheelchair, and you and your party will disembark. This can take quite a while!

Many others, on other decks, are filling the elevators so it can be a few tries before you can get in. Remember, the wheelchair takes up a lot of room. If an elevator comes by and there's room for one person in your party, let that person meet you in the terminal as soon as they leave the ship. 

You will be wheeled to the baggage collection area, a porter will be called to take your luggage, and you will be wheeled to your ongoing transportation. 

All this can take a long time! Take an extra large dose of patience that morning, and give yourself double the time an able-bodied person would need. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

SOP for wheelchair assist is to set up a meeting place, usually the Ocean Bar, to report to about 15 minutes before your color/number is to be called. 
When you arrive there, you should look for the person in charge, and check in with them. Then sit and relax. When your turn has come, you will be seated in a wheelchair, and you and your party will disembark. This can take quite a while!

Many others, on other decks, are filling the elevators so it can be a few tries before you can get in. Remember, the wheelchair takes up a lot of room. If an elevator comes by and there's room for one person in your party, let that person meet you in the terminal as soon as they leave the ship. 

You will be wheeled to the baggage collection area, a porter will be called to take your luggage, and you will be wheeled to your ongoing transportation. 

All this can take a long time! Take an extra large dose of patience that morning, and give yourself double the time an able-bodied person would need. 

Thank you for your reply.  Did Holland offer the Luggage Valet?