Group rate advantages...

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct.

ok thanks Bob. That is what I was trying to ask initially. Thanks for your patience.

RCI gives with one hand and takes away with the other.

being Emerald doesn't get you much when they have a “sale” with $100 instant savings compared to a first time cruiser.

16 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

ok thanks Bob. That is what I was trying to ask initially. Thanks for your patience.

RCI gives with one hand and takes away with the other.

being Emerald doesn't get you much when they have a “sale” with $100 instant savings compared to a first time cruiser.

True.  The big jump in balcony discount comes at the Diamond level.

14 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I have done that several times.  I book on a cruise and don't have the booking transferred to any agency.  I do a cruise compete when I get home and transfer to an agency that has group space booked.  I get the OBC that was given for booking onboard, get the group rate and they usually give me my D+ discount along with whatever amenities the group gets.  

My $100 deposit is still non-refundable as that's what's given me the OBC from RC.  If I decide to book another cruise before I board again, I do the same as above, but the deposit is a refundable deposit.  

My last 2 cruises I have booked  have been $600 and $400 less than the going rate on the RC website. The one with $400 less includes gratuities, which amount to a couple of hundred as well as a free dinner in a specialty restaurant and the OBC the agency gives.

Thanks.

I have done that  some times...book on board and then transfer. 
I have also noted that recently some of the TA's who give you their quote for a group rate and their perks do not accept an onboard booking and want you to book with their quoted links directly or by calling them. A couple of times they accepted the onboard booking as an extra deposit. Some have no problem. I suppose it varies with every TA?

13 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

if you book a balcony when they have a "sale" on that says $100 instant savings does RCI deduct that money from your balcony discount?

Yes, you can go with the $100 off or $100 OBC.

My most recent booking had a resident discount, a D plus balcony discount, a DEAL promo ($50 off) and a $100 OBC or $100 off. They were all combinable. Plus TA perks.

12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

No, the balcony discount cannot be combined with a price that includes an "instant discount".

Bob,

It recently combined all discounts for me: D+ , resident, DEAL, $100 off booking onboard bonus (which I changed to $100 OBC). Maybe we are talking about different "instant savings"?

Edited by Arzeena