B2B questions

Ombud

Just booked my 1st B2B! Looking for ideas on what to do on a late flight out of Shanghai. Preferred flight is 23:45. NS to SFO. Earlier flights are dbl that one but may be worth it if the alternative is to sit in a (boring) airport all day. If Shanghai is like Singapore I could easily be amused there though. 

I was surprised that the savings on a B2B were somewhat significant (>15%) and thinking of a ship shore excursions on turn-around day. 

I suggested that it be eligible for an upgrade (OV now but PVP says it's just a bar down the side of my window)

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

are you going to us EZ Air to book your flights?  

Yes but not sure how that works with Visa reqs as it 'might' be covered under 'in transit' rules but maybe I should get the multiple entry one 'in case'. I'm thinking maybe I should just go into the consulate. Maybe take drive out to the beach in SF and stop off there. I have the worst luck with consulates but this might be one time to make a trip in

Normally Princess will offer tours in cities where many passengers have late flights.  The tour takes your luggage and drops you and luggage off at the airport later.   These tours are not usually listed pre-cruise but are offered early during the cruise. 

You can look for reviews of cruises that ended in the same port or look for info in the CC port of call section or start a thread re "late flight Shanghai tour options"

Is your issue with the b2b turn around day or is it getting a flight on your final disembarkation? in Shanghai? Princess normally has disembarkation tours, but you probably will still have to hang at the airport for quite sometime. Regarding China travel visas you will just have to obtain what is required, if required. Check with Princess and the consulate. 

Here is a suggestion which may be a cheaper option.  If you are a frequent flyer member; look into paying the daily fee and use an airline lounge.  I did this with my family.  We had eight hours at airport; so I bought one day passes for my family in Delta's club;  the price was $30 per person and they had showers, lots of food and relaxing lounge.  

• Like 1

Drop back 10 and punt:

Would you do:

1. B2B on Sapphire Princess in & out of Shanghai to Japan (been to Japan b4) 16 days Chinese immersion experience 

2. Hong Kong to Sydney (also Vietnam, Singapore [was there in 2018], northern Au) on Majestic Princess 18 days (cheaper)

As you can see I'm vacillating but now leaning towards #2. Gonna drive my PVP nuts