mozzie spray

clarets

3 hours ago, clarets said:

No doubt been asked before but is it wise to take mozzie spray for a Caribbean cruise ?

I don't think mozzies are so much of a problem as they tend to be around at sunset, when you're likely to be onboard ship, but ordinary critters and sand flies can be. We use Incognito, which is citronella based and much safer/less harmful than the chemical-based repellants. Without protection our daughter is a walking buffet for anything that bites, even in the UK  - if she sprays herself with Incognito she has no problem at all. Smells pleasant, non-greasy - a great product IMHO.

43 minutes ago, groovechick said:

I don't think mozzies are so much of a problem as they tend to be around at sunset, when you're likely to be onboard ship, but ordinary critters and sand flies can be. We use Incognito, which is citronella based and much safer/less harmful than the chemical-based repellants. Without protection our daughter is a walking buffet for anything that bites, even in the UK  - if she sprays herself with Incognito she has no problem at all. Smells pleasant, non-greasy - a great product IMHO.

I second incognito.

Natural with a much nicer smell than Deet.

53 minutes ago, groovechick said:

I believe I recommended it to you prior to your winter Caribbean cruise - last year maybe?

I take it you found it effective and pleasant to use? 😊

I bought incognito from Holland and Barrett and found it effective.

I took it with us on our Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess last month but fortunately never needed to use it.

Always have a squirt or two on your skin not your clothes it’s a bit hit and miss whether it’s effective or not but best applied I’ve still got a scab from Madeira 8 weeks ago only an itch but better avoided PS your skin won’t dissolve 🤔