First Time Packing Wine

jefe317

15 hours ago, davelinde said:

I wrap them in a sweater or light jacket and I've never had an issue.

Undershirts have worked for me.

In packing, and flying with, probably over 100 bottles of alcohol over the years, I have lost only 2.  

One ended up in the corner of a soft side suitcase, and they dropped it on that corner, and it flexed enough to break the bottle.  The other, just broke.  I suspect a defective bottle.   But at least it was on the way home. 😄

• 1 month later...

Galveston boarding...if I brought 2 bottles on when first embarking and then leave the ship to meet up with some more of my traveling group on land for lunch then reboard...would I likely be able to bring two more bottles as I rebaord the ship?  Or, do they somehow update your card to show you have already used your 2 bottle limit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rasta said:

Galveston boarding...if I brought 2 bottles on when first embarking and then leave the ship to meet up with some more of my traveling group on land for lunch then reboard...would I likely be able to bring two more bottles as I rebaord the ship?  Or, do they somehow update your card to show you have already used your 2 bottle limit?

I think you would be able to get away with it.  I don’t think there is any notation taken of who brings bottles of wine on board and who doesn’t.  Just make sure you don’t try to bring more than two at a time.  That will get you caught and the extra bottle taken away.

14 hours ago, rasta said:

Technically you are only allowed two per stateroom. Now one time my wife an I "accidentally" each brought two in our carry-on and made it on to the ship.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't understand all the concern about a bottle in your carry on. You are carrying it, not playing basketball with it. It is always in your possession. No porters will be tossing it around. Just put the bottles in your CARRY ON and CARRY them on board.

I think some of the discussion is the travel to the port. We still have to pack it in checked bags on flights or car travel ... its not just from the hotel to the cruise terminal