First Time Packing Wine

jefe317

9 minutes ago, jefe317 said:

It's my first time packing wine to bring on the ship. I know all the rules, but what do I need to do to make sure I don't break a bottle? Do I need anything fancy to protect the bottles in my carry-on luggage?

You can buy wine protector bags on Amazon. They are reusable, good for traveling with wine in your checked luggage also and are inexpensive.

3 minutes ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

are you buying the wine at the port or bringing it from home?

I'm buying wine at the port the day before, so it will just be traveling in my carry-on from cruise terminal check-in to our room.

13 hours ago, jefe317 said:

It's my first time packing wine to bring on the ship. I know all the rules, but what do I need to do to make sure I don't break a bottle? Do I need anything fancy to protect the bottles in my carry-on luggage?

If you are going to carry it on, do it the same way you carried it from the store!!!!!  And don't drop it

7 hours ago, Wordell1 said:

Does security make you take the wine out of the wine holder?

Yes, our last cruise was a Spring break and they wanted to check the foil to make sure it hadn't been refilled with something stronger than wine.  We haven't used the wine diaper as we usually buy on way to the port.  However, friends use them and love them.  

Any friends with babies?  A diaper or a pullup surrounding bottle and into some sort of plastic bag will "catch" the fluid on off chance break but I find it pretty hard to break a wine bottle and super easy to break a wine glass, fwiw.

It just occured to me this might be a "you might be a redneck" sort of thing................ I'm sure fancier options are better. lol.

Edited by CP3o
  • Haha 1

I have never had a problem on any ship putting wine in a carry-on backpack.  Most wine bottles are stronger than you think.  

If you are really concerned a little bubble wrap and maybe telling the crew there are fragile items in the carry on will do.  Just hope you don't get a clumsy person.