10 am flight from FLL?

Taclin01

4 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Maybe from the Port of Miami, but from Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale, FLL is only about 10 min away.

Global Entry is for clearing immigration and customs, which the OP would not be doing at the airport; that would be done upon disembarking the ship.   Perhaps you mean TSA PreCheck, which expedites the process of clearing security at US airports?  If you have GE, you get PreCheck as an added bonus, but they are two separate programs.  And I have definitely seen times when it was a huge advantage at FLL if one had it.  Oh, and FLL actually is a pretty big airport, but it seems smaller because it is divided into 4 completely, separate terminals that are not connected in any way.  If you've ever had an inter-airline connection there, that required you to go outside from one terminal to another to connect, you'd realize it's much bigger than it might seem. 🙂

Ok let me rephrase.   Global entry is for immigration when they disembark the ship.  TSA which is included in GE is often helpful at most airports but rarely FLL. FLL is smaller and easier to navigate than Miami for example. I am not sure what your post meant to accomplish but it didn’t seem to aid the original poster whatsoever.  They clearly aren’t making intra-airline connections coming off a cruise ship. 

Edited by XuGator

15 hours ago, XuGator said:

I am not sure what your post meant to accomplish but it didn’t seem to aid the original poster whatsoever.

Primarily it was to clarify information that had been given.  Sometimes people post to answer an OP directly.  Sometimes they post to ask a follow up question, or reply to a follow up question.  Sometimes, like I did in this case, they post to correct or clarify something that has been said, either by the OP or by someone else in a subsequent reply.  And sometimes it's to make a general comment or clarification for the good of anyone else who might be reading and tucking information away for future reference.  🙂

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 6:19 PM, Taclin01 said:

Yes, this would be for a cruise on the Equinox I just booked for August. 

There will only be 1 or 2 ships at most in August as they are doing renovations on the port.  You will be docking at T25 which has facial recognition if you have a passport.  As others suggest do the self assist and you should be off the ship 7:30ish if all goes well..... FLL is only 10 minutes from the port.

It is risky. If all goes well, not a problem. If there are delays, you may have a problem.  Most of the time, the ship tries to disembark early. There are new guests waiting to board. However, things happen.  In May, we had our itinerary changed because of a storm.  Ship was late getting into port Amsterdam to disembark.  We didn’t dock until 10 am.   Luckily, I was staying in Amsterdam  and wasn’t affected by the late disembarkation.  There were guests who missed their planes.  Travel insurance will cover missed planes and any necessary hotel fees.