Internet packages when you board

Daisymae14

If someone could please help me out! I was about to order Internet package for cruise leaving Monday on Navigator. My son just decided he wanted internet. I thought cut off was 24hrs, I guess it is 48 hrs. So does anyone know if you have to buy per person or can you still get 3 device packages? Currently what is price once on board  - surf and stream?

Thank you! 

Yes, I do.. I just know those boys are snapchat "ers" and have these "streaks" with their friends for few years, so they are not going to let them go and will want to share as much as possible , being this is their first cruise.  I guess We will decide when we get on board. 

Thanks again! 

37 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

Yes, I do.. I just know those boys are snapchat "ers" and have these "streaks" with their friends for few years, so they are not going to let them go and will want to share as much as possible , being this is their first cruise.  I guess We will decide when we get on board. 

Thanks again! 

You may rethink that because that's going to be expensive.  By my calculations, purchasing a 4-device plan onboard is going to run you $475.72  or $531.72 depending on which prices they use.

Edited by Mr. Candyman

7 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

I was just going by what was shared to me at current on board pricing of $18.99 for 4 devices? Was that not correct?  It said $20.99 for 2.  Cheaper then what pre board price was. 

Onboard pricing is worded slightly different than cruise planner.  It would be $18.99 per device per day ($18.99x4) x (the amount of days)

Edited by Mr. Candyman

Oh , ok . Like I have said before.  I have never bought internet. I have always just used my Verizon plan, made the necessity call home or text. Saved pictures to upload when I got home.  So maybe this may be a purchase the boys do on their own. I was hoping Voom Surf would be enough for snapchat,  but I guess if they take a 15 sec video to send to friends they need stream. 

10 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

Oh , ok . Like I have said before.  I have never bought internet. I have always just used my Verizon plan, made the necessity call home or text. Saved pictures to upload when I got home.  So maybe this may be a purchase the boys do on their own. I was hoping Voom Surf would be enough for snapchat,  but I guess if they take a 15 sec video to send to friends they need stream. 

Just getting the Surf instead of Surf & Stream will be similar to being on a dial-up modem and make using Snapchat frustrating and probably unusable.  As suggested, if they want it that bad then make them pay for it.  They can always wait until they arrive to a port where your service provider has service or connect to Wifi at a local establishment 

Edited by Mr. Candyman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

They can send the video with Surf, it will just take longer to send.