Sky Princess Emerald Deck Balconies

whatcruiseisnext

29 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

All the princesses balconies are covered especially on the royal class ships including the sky

We’ve been on both the Royal and the Regal multiple times and know those balconies are covered but I’ve been reading people’s postings that have been on the Sky and all of them are saying that the balconies on Emerald deck are totally exposed. That’s what I’m trying to figure out.  

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

All the princesses balconies are covered especially on the royal class ships including the sky

Not all balconies are covered.

We had a Lido deck mini suite and it was covered. The Sky now has cabins on either side of the retreat pool and their balconies extend over the lido deck mini suites. If I remember correctly the Dolphin and Emerald balconies where not covered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

We’ve been on both the Royal and the Regal multiple times and know those balconies are covered but I’ve been reading people’s postings that have been on the Sky and all of them are saying that the balconies on Emerald deck are totally exposed. That’s what I’m trying to figure out.  

This site may help. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabins=E401-E445

On Sky. BW  Category E424 on Emerald deck Is an obstructed view balcony that juts out over Alfredos. Partly covered. No real obstruction looking straight out. Look to sides you see parts of lifeboats. Look down you see deck/ Alfredo’s outdoor seating. 

Edited by dog

Are we discussing fully uncovered, or Partially covered? Because I first leave only known princess to have covered balconies in some cabin said would have partially covered but you always had a spot to sit in the shade to some extent that was covered if it wasn't fully. 

11 hours ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

....people’s postings that have been on the Sky and all of them are saying that the balconies on Emerald deck are totally exposed. That’s what I’m trying to figure out.  

as I mentioned in my post above. My cabin  E424 on the Sky was not totally exposed. 

14 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

We had E444 an obstructed balcony on Sky TA and it was totally covered. Could not see down into the water but great view of the ocean. 

I was in one of the cabins which stuck out. The one next to me was angled. There are a few different shape/ size balconies midship. I will see if I can find a photo

in my pics I see mostly fully covered balconies to the right of my cabin and mine would be same except for  corners that jut out and exposed. I did get bright sunshine in the afternoons. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1