Sunbed Hogs

nigelc

If people come and claim chairs first thing in the morning, and don't use them THEN, I think the stuff should be removed immediately.  I think belongings should be removed after 20 mins any other time. Seldom are there more than 8 people in the pool, but all the lounges are "saved".

Likewise, there should be no saving from 1130-1300 or so. People go in and have a nice leisurely lunch or whatever, and then expect their lounge to be there. When we are at the pool, we go one at a time to get our lunch from Waves, and bring it back to our lounge. Just seems fair.

• Like 2

Currently on Riviera, heading toward Aruba. This morning on our way to breakfast in the Terrace, we saw many chairs reserved. After breakfast, we found 2 chairs in the shade (lucky us!) and did see the crew putting the cards on some chairs (this chair hasn't been used since X o'clock or whatever it is they say, so they can remove items after a certain time has elapsed) BUT as the pool grew more busy, they weren't able to keep up with that practice. But by the time we left for lunch, most of the chairs actually had people in them - whether or not the original "claimants", I do not know.  And some people were reserving multiple chairs (for THEMSELVES, not partners) and had the gall to be indignant when questioned. Grr. We definitely commiserate with the staff who were doing their best.

After lunch, we found other locations - not worth it (and not enough shade) to head back to the pool now.

• Like 1

I have seen many people claim 2 chairs, one for themselves and one to put heir stuff on. They aren't even "saving" it for a person, just want to use the lounger as a storage unit. I will be on Sirena in January on a Caribbean cruise and I have no qualms about putting people's stuff on the floor if they have not been I the chair for over a half hour. I have no problems wit confrontations wit chair hogs should they choose to engage me. Bring it on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

I have seen many people claim 2 chairs, one for themselves and one to put heir stuff on. They aren't even "saving" it for a person, just want to use the lounger as a storage unit. I will be on Sirena in January on a Caribbean cruise and I have no qualms about putting people's stuff on the floor if they have not been I the chair for over a half hour. I have no problems wit confrontations wit chair hogs should they choose to engage me. Bring it on.

Plus 1

Have done it many times!!

Jancruz1

• Like 1