Coco Cay Beach Club Cabanas

Mallory215

Hi! I know the beach club is new this month as well as the beach club cabanas and over-water cabanas. I just purchased the coco cay beach club cabana (the one on land), I was curious if anyone has had the chance to experience the beach club and/or the cabanas and can give a review or advice? Also, it says it is for up to 8 people however when I purchased it, they only wanted me to put my name for the reservation. Does anyone know when we pick the other people who can also use the cabana with us? We are planning to use it with our friends and family who are also traveling with us (only 8 people of course). We will have our 22 month old daughter with us which is one of the reasons we wanted to have a cabana so she could nap comfortably, is the water pretty calm on that part of the island? Thanks in advance. 

41 minutes ago, Mallory215 said:

Hi! I know the beach club is new this month as well as the beach club cabanas and over-water cabanas. I just purchased the coco cay beach club cabana (the one on land), I was curious if anyone has had the chance to experience the beach club and/or the cabanas and can give a review or advice? Also, it says it is for up to 8 people however when I purchased it, they only wanted me to put my name for the reservation. Does anyone know when we pick the other people who can also use the cabana with us? We are planning to use it with our friends and family who are also traveling with us (only 8 people of course). We will have our 22 month old daughter with us which is one of the reasons we wanted to have a cabana so she could nap comfortably, is the water pretty calm on that part of the island? Thanks in advance. 

When you arrive at the Club Area an attendant will check you in and give wrist bands to all in your group. They don't need everyone's name and cabin number, only the name of the person paying for it! 

We've had cabanas on Chill Island and last month on the Mariner we received a note in our cabin from the shore excursion people asking us to go down by 6 pm and give them the names and cabin numbers of those who will be in our cabana.  Never had this request before but maybe they will be doing this in the future with Chill and Beach Cabanas.  If they don't do that , just show up with your 8 people and that has always worked before.    

We were at Coco Cay last week and they are still working on it and we received a note in our cabin that we may encounter some noise.  I didn't hear a thing but I guess they're working hard to get it open by January or maybe New Years/Christmas cruises.  I couldn't get a sneak peak either because they have curtains up so you can't see in.  I think the water will be calm, it's calm every where else.  

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the Beach Club cabana (land), and which month are you sailing?

And please, please post a review of how you will have found doing it with a baby! It sounds like a smart thing to do.

Edited by snowglobe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, snowglobe said:

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the Beach Club cabana (land), and which month are you sailing?

And please, please post a review of how you will have found doing it with a baby! It sounds like a smart thing to do.

I ended up paying $1049, which is crazy expensive however, not only will I have the baby but I am also pregnant and my father in law is coming with us and he just finished Chemo so he needs to be out of the sun so for us this will be worth the price. We wanted to do the over-water but on our sailing it was $2500 per cabana!! I couldn't justify spending that much money for 8 hours. We will be sailing the week of March 22-29th. We are going for my sister in laws wedding, she is getting married on St. Maarten so I will be sure to do an extensive review of the whole week! We have around 50 people attending the wedding so it should be a great time!