Do Sky Suites have Micheal Club Access?

wwwfla

9 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

There is also an elevator on Millennium, but it was not functional for the majority of the last two weeks (if at all).

That's ridiculous. X needs to ensure that all suite amenities are available to all suite passengers, regardless of mobility challenges. Occasionally elevators will go out of order, but this seems like pattern of them not working more than they are functional.

... on a side note, since I know the Retreat Sun Deck has annoyed a few people due to lack of access for non-suite guests on sail-aways...

On the big sail-away from Ha Long Bay at the start of our cruise 2 weeks ago, the Captain opened the Heli deck to non-suite guests so they could enjoy the sail-away from there, while the suite guests had the sun deck.

20 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

Hi Linda

Edge actually has elevator access to the 16th Deck where the Retreat is located. 

When we sailed on Edge in November of this year, we were in an Edge Villa and were asked for our cards for the first 2 days as the staff got to know the passengers. After that, our cards were not necessary. I did see some chits produced for some passengers when we were up there.

I don’t recall us ever having to show our cards in the Retreat Lounge.

Randy

Randy, remember on Edge we did not have to show our cards because we had to use our cards to open the door to the Retreat Lounge.  

Pat

The access elevator to the Retreat Sun Deck did not work when we were on Millie earlier this year. When I inquired about that with the Suite Concierge, I was told that it had been broken

“ quite awhile”.  The Concierge said she had heard that the new mini outside elevator on several of the refurbed M class had “ issues” and were unusable.  I have read here on CC of several others also broken. I can get up the long, winding outdoor staircase, but coming down is much more difficult.  

My spouse went up a few times for views and photos on this Alaska trip...no one was ever up there when he was.  

4 hours ago, candydane said:

Does anyone monitor who goes in suite-only areas?  First time with Celebrity and still trying to “learn” our suite amenities.

Several times non-suite guests entered the Retreat Lounge while we were there, all were swiftly and politely intercepted by staff and directed elsewhere.

The sun-deck might be less controlled but the moment you try to order anything up there you would have to be recognised as a suite guest or be asked to produce your card...

You technically had to badge in on the Retreat Deck on the Summit a couple of weeks ago.  A couple of times, they had someone standing there when the badge reader was malfunctioning.  The staff knows the suite guests after the first day.

I really enjoyed it and spent quite a bit of time up there. I didn't have to compete for chairs down at the pool.  Unfortunately, there was one day when the whirlpool was out of action.  I had to use the showers up there quite a bit to cool off.

It would have been nice if they had put a walk up bar and some bathrooms up there.  A cool water pool would have been nice as well, but there were really only ten of us up there at any time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, amunhbuu said:

You technically had to badge in on the Retreat Deck on the Summit a couple of weeks ago.  A couple of times, they had someone standing there when the badge reader was malfunctioning.  The staff knows the suite guests after the first day.

Millennium doesn't have any control on the access, just a simple latched gate that was not monitored.

... but, as you say, the staff do learn who the suite guests are very quickly.

5 hours ago, Airrace said:

Does anyone know or have a picture of the menu from the sun deck retreat area?

No picture, but from memory, it was a combination of a couple of the healthy options from the Spa menu (wraps) and the Luminae Burger. Very small menu and limited opening time, food service ended at 2pm if I recall correctly.