Is Oceania mobility disabled friendly?

Petoonya

33 minutes ago, Mura said:

Juliet, I can retrieve it from ITN's website.  Just email me (see below) with your email address.

Mura

Thanks so much.  Always enjoy reading your posts on Cruise Critic.  Should I put my email address on here?

Edited by juliet
wrong info

We’ve cruised aboard Azamara R ships, Oceania Riviera and Viking Oceans.  Viking Oceans was the best for handicap accessibility. Next: Oceania Riviera.  The most difficult to maneuver on was Azamara R ships (same as Oceania smaller ships).  Problem with Viking is they supposedly don’t allow scooters onboard.  However, we saw about 3 of the small, compact type when we cruised with them.  We left ours at home and I pushed my husband in his transfer chair.  

Juliet, I thought I'd saved your email address but it looks like I didn't, and when I went here (thinking you'd actually written it on your post) I don't see it ... I agree that it's NOT a good idea to publish your email address here.  But could you send it to me again?  I've scanned the article -- it's pretty much geared to land travel rather than a cruise, and they specifically refer to the two cities they visited.  But it may have some helpful hints for you.  At the bottom of this post you should see a link to my private email address.

44 minutes ago, Mura said:

Juliet, I thought I'd saved your email address but it looks like I didn't, and when I went here (thinking you'd actually written it on your post) I don't see it ... I agree that it's NOT a good idea to publish your email address here.  But could you send it to me again?  I've scanned the article -- it's pretty much geared to land travel rather than a cruise, and they specifically refer to the two cities they visited.  But it may have some helpful hints for you.  At the bottom of this post you should see a link to my private email address.

Don't see the link Mura.  Any other way of sending or just the link itself?  Thanks again.

I was on Nautica this spring and one of the women we met used a scooter due to MS. I know she didn't leave the ship at any of the tender ports, and I think she stayed on the ship most days - but was content to socialize and spend time in the lounges and by the pool. I know she was able to access the pool deck, lounges and dining rooms. They were staying on Deck 6, so I don't know if it was an accessible cabin. Like many able bodied persons, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the mechanics of getting through doors, other than holding them open a few times.  One of the other passengers used a rollator/walker on a number of the tours, and while she moved slowly, she did get out and about to enjoy the ports. My mother uses a cane while traveling (and I likely would have benefited from one on that trip as I completely screwed up my hip a month before the cruise - so was moving fairly slowly myself).  Trying to get in better shape for our upcoming cruise in July on Marina.

5 minutes ago, juliet said:

I never see that for some reason.  But I clicked on the left where your name is and tried messaging you and it won't take my message ; (

you cannot message people on CC