Maasdam deck 6 (H,HH) obst and partly obstructed

Luv2cruz1000

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Jacaluke said:

What's the chances of being able to change your cabin if it's under the galley?  We are in 370 and I think it's under the galley - we didn't realise when we booked it!!  

Call whoever you booked with (HAL or your travel agent) and see what else is available.  In the US and Canada we are able to change cabins in the same category if there are others available but I'm not sure about in Australia -- you have some different rules.

There are no other cabins available in the category we booked in.  We sail in 3 days - I'm hoping that if it's too noisey HAL might be able to move us if there is another cabin available in another category.

32 minutes ago, Jacaluke said:

What's the chances of being able to change your cabin if it's under the galley?  We are in 370 and I think it's under the galley - we didn't realise when we booked it!!  

Either contact the person that you booked with, or ring 1300987322 for the Sydney office and ask to change to a Lanai closer to the bow.

2 minutes ago, Jacaluke said:

There are no other cabins available in the category we booked in.  We sail in 3 days - I'm hoping that if it's too noisey HAL might be able to move us if there is another cabin available in another category.

It's worth phoning and seeing what they can do before you sail.  If you wait until you're on the ship, I think you have less chance of getting moved. 

3 minutes ago, Jacaluke said:

It will not hurt to ring and ask. Someone else may have taken an upsell leaving a Lanai available.

Thanks for your help everybody - I telephoned the 1300 number of HAL in Sydney but unfortunately the cruise is fully booked.  They advised me to ask at check-in if there had been any last minute cancellations which she said happens quite often.  She did say though that she had not heard any complaints about cabin 370 so maybe it will be OK 🙂