Just Heard - Egyptian Cruise Ship Missing

Krazy Kruizers

Yes, I just heard the same thing. Ship dropped of radar over in the red sea Limited information on this right now, but life boats have been spotted and very sadly bodies floating in the water as well. I wonder what happened?

I heard much the same. The same newscast referred to it as a cruise ship and then later a ferry all in the same paragraph. So I'm just not sure what kind of ship it is. But the number on board seems high me. Doesn't sound good though if bodies are floating in the water.

How sad.

I saw a picture of the ship on Fox. It looked a little top heavy to me. They still were not sure if it was some kind of ferry, or cruise ship.

They said there were some survivors spotted in a life boat. Four freighters were on the way to look for survivors.

No one knows what happens just yet.

These are notoriously unstable ships. One capsized in the Baltic some years ago because the bow doors weren't secured properly. Unless there is any indication that this was an overt act of terrorism, there is nothing here to alarm a cruise ship passenger.

The loss of life is always sad, regardless.

I guess it will take time. I think it was a regularly scheduled ferry tranversing the Red Sea. They do say that the weather was bad and there wasn't even a SOS sent out. New said that the water is warm 70-75 and they've saved 100. The ferry holds 1400 but they say the number my be higher.

Anyway it's sad..

I usually find out what ship's former names were from the Simplon Post Card site in the UK, but I'm not able to connect to the site now...Internet Explorer can't find it!

Debjo

It is DEFINITELY some kind of retro-fit ... the two halves -- upper and lower -- don't even match each other in terms of engineering style.

1970 eh? I hit that one one the nose.

I wonder what or original name was and what her history has been up until she copied the Titanic.

How sad.

I saw a picture of the ship on Fox. It looked a little top heavy to me..

If that looked top heavy what does a 12 - 14 story cruise ship look like? There was a reason they used to build big ships low to the water and it was not to make them look fast.

Now reported by Reuters that there was a fire below decks, possibly in a truck, that got out of hand. One survivor says the captain was the first off. Take it for what it's worth and wait for further details to emerge; first reports can be misleading - or right on the money.

Archived