Gee - No more Love Boat Theme

Oceansaway17

On 12/23/2019 at 8:41 AM, USCcruisecrazy said:

For our 7 day Western Caribbean on the Sky (7-14 Dec) the Captain did not play the Love Boat theme the first few times in or out of port.  My wife actually was talking to him around the pool deck and asked about it.  He said he had to make a special call and something about the timing of it.  He did promise to get it in, though, and the next port he did about a 5 second blast of the song...never the longer version like he heard on other Royal Class ships.  Just something fun and a way to set the ship apart from everyone else!!

This is interesting to me since I was in the Disney Magic docked near the Sky this very week in Grand Cayman.  I woke up and saw the beautiful new Sky Princess right outside of my window.  (I was a little sad not to be on her since I had initially been deciding between the two.)

I had hoped for a horn battle between the two ships, but it did not happen.  Now I know why.  We did get a back and forth with our sister ship the Disney Wonder who was also in port that day.

I realize it’s not some people’s cup of tea, but I like the specialized horns.  I think they are fun and give the ships a special identity.

87204582-4047-496C-A262-21CBCD85E1C3.jpeg