Can you recommend a good insurance plan?

gailellen12

I am going on a 12 day Holland America cruise in April/May.  I have looked at their top  insurance plan and it seems very expensive and not particularly comprehensive regarding the medical coverage.  If you have used a company/plan that you were pleased with I would appreciate a heads up.  thanks in advance.

I don't buy through the cruise line, I use the web site insuremytrip.  When I have questions, I call them and get answers.  I don't have a specific company I use all the time, because each trip is different.  There are many factors that affect each trip cover differently--car rentals, countries visited, etc.  A 10 day trip to Northern Ireland runs under $200 for insurance for us while a 10 day trip to French Polynesia was over $650 due to buying significantly higher medical evacuation cover. 

We expect to pay considerably more for the trip we are taking to the Ukraine in 2021 than the trip we just took to Poland and Austria even though the insured cost of the trips are comparable.  

There is no universal answer, and you also need to assess your level of risk--I don't insure every dime of cost--only the non-refundables, medical, and evacuation.  I also have coverage through my Sapphire Reserve card.

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

I am going on a 12 day Holland America cruise in April/May.  I have looked at their top  insurance plan and it seems very expensive and not particularly comprehensive regarding the medical coverage.  If you have used a company/plan that you were pleased with I would appreciate a heads up.  thanks in advance.

No one here can really answer your question without knowing your actual insurance needs: (e.g., PEC waiver), expectations (e.g., evac to hospital of choice), preferences (e.g., primary vs secondary payer), and means (budget).

Talk to someone at insuremytrip.

2 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

We could, but we shouldn't. Every plan is just slightly different to meet each persons needs. What is important for me to insure against, is most likely different from what is important to you.

Many of us recommend checking out https://tripinsurancestore.com/

or

https://www.insuremytrip.com/

I've dealt with the first many times