A-Z .... The ABC and D Islands on the Zuiderdam

scubacruiserx2

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We are fine, It is just the smoke and the hazardous air quality to contend with luckily. 

https://air-quality.com/place/australia/canberra/6b4d3d4e?lang=en&standard=aqi_us

BTW, we live in Monash.

The historical chart is the daily index, the black ones were for the 1st, 2nd and 5th of Jan.

If you get the forecast rain will that help knock the smoke down ?

17 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Does anyone beside us miss the old When and Where ?

DSC08715%202_zpsoixq46v9.jpg

DSC08717%202_zpsckjxqnqw.jpg

I miss the When and Where.  In the mid 1990;s the paper had a Dutch name and they even told where all the ships were each day. They would even list the ship under construction over in Venice.  That stopped around 2000.

Little San Salvador Island  ( aka Half Moon Cay ) on the horizon . We would be sharing the Island with the Veendam . All ashore that's going ashore . In the morning announcements the Captain told us that bad weather was headed our way and that if we heard one long blast from the ship's horn we were to return as quickly as possible . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_San_Salvador_Island

IMG_8378 (2).JPG

IMG_1490 (2).JPG

IMG_8381 (2).JPG

IMG_8383 (2).JPG

IMG_8384 (2).JPG

IMG_0140 (2).JPG

IMG_0141 (2).JPG

Edited by scubacruiserx2

The last time we were here we ate at the Lobster Shack . The lobster plate was very good  

DSC06052_zpsah1vg4gw.jpg

but the conch chowder was really a conch and seafood chowder that seemed to have little , if any conch in it . It tasted like floured water with some kind of fish mixed in and a couple of bites were enough .

DSC06051%201_zps7tjechem.jpg

We had ordered a Mojito and a Margarita but they didn't arrive until the meal was almost completed . They did make them sweet and with lemon instead of lime . 

thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review!!  Especially since I will be going to the ABC's later this month.  Your Bonaire tour looked wonderful and that's one of the islands I haven't planned yet.  I am guessing you hired a private guide.  If you don't mind,would you be willing to share the details of the guide so I can see if she is available the day I will be there?

8 minutes ago, Langham1865 said:

thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review!!  Especially since I will be going to the ABC's later this month.  Your Bonaire tour looked wonderful and that's one of the islands I haven't planned yet.  I am guessing you hired a private guide.  If you don't mind,would you be willing to share the details of the guide so I can see if she is available the day I will be there?

You're welcome and thank you for writing in . Yes , we used Brenda from Tours by Locals and she's the only guide with them in Bonaire . BTW  she was about twice as much as our TBL guide in Aruba . She is a diver and snorkeler so look on her calendar online and let her know what you would like to do .

We forgot to factor in the hour added to the clocks so we were ready to eat the paint chips off the wall as we were eating an hour and a half later than normal . We phoned Caneletto to see if we could eat half an hour sooner . No dice . A quick call to the Pinnacle and we were in .

DSC01369 (2).JPG

DSC01370 (2).JPG

DSC01371 (2).JPG

DSC01372 (2).JPG

DSC01373 (2).JPG