Pics Pics Pics! - MSC MERAVIGLIA & Ocean Cay

eroller

I'm still working on the review, but my pics are uploaded from a recent MSC MERAVIGLIA cruise (12/8/2019).  There are lots of Ocean Cay pics as well (including some video) which I loved. All in all 401 pics and 9 videos.  All the pics are labeled, so if you want to know what it is, just roll your curser over the pic or enlarge it.  There is a separate link for all the daily programs, Ocean Cay information, pics of the MSC for Me App, and some other information like the room service menu.  Hopefully the review will be forthcoming.  All in all I greatly enjoyed myself, but MSC being MSC things are always a little quirky!  This was my 4th MSC cruise.  

Link to 401 pics and 9 videos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157712405145446

Link to Daily Programs and other information:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157712405683928

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Ernie, great photos and videos as usual. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your thoughts. Even though the Grandiosa will be a different ship this gives me a good idea of what to expect.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics!   GRANDIOSA is essentially the same ship, so the pics of MERAVIGLIA will give you a pretty good snapshot.  I hope you enjoy the experience.  MSC is certainly different and things won't be like Royal, Carnival, NCL, etc. but that is one of the reasons I like them.  They beat to their own drum, and they also don't answer to shareholders.  Just the owners and customers.  

16 hours ago, skings said:

Loved your photos. Pics I have not seen before of dining rooms and bars. Thanks for posting

Thank you.  I do try to cover all areas of the ship with my photo spreads.  

• Like 1

@eroller  TY so much for this

Can you give me a tip please?

We are sailing early 2020

How do we best see sail away from Miami, and manage dinner service and evening show (is there one the first night?)

We are sailing YC is that matters re timing

TYIA, fog

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

@eroller  TY so much for this

Can you give me a tip please?

We are sailing early 2020

How do we best see sail away from Miami, and manage dinner service and evening show (is there one the first night?)

We are sailing YC is that matters re timing

TYIA, fog

Being in the YC you can dine at whatever time you want, so very easy for planning.  I was assigned a 7:45pm dinner seating and it worked out perfectly for seeing sail-aways and also attending all the shows after dinner.  My favorite bar/lounge on the ship was the Sky Lounge.  Great views.  Of course you will have your own YC lounge which will have great forward facing views.  

Yes there is a big production show the first night (rare for cruise ships) and in fact a big production show pretty much every night.  I think the entertainment staff on MSC is probably the hardest working at sea.  I could not believe how many shows there were, and they do 3 a night!  More shows than I've seen on any other ship expect maybe Disney.  

Edited by eroller
  • Thanks 1

TY

Typically in years past we skipped the shows on our other line and i the last year gave them a go again... enjoying the later show..9ish

We were often at dinner (cocktails) by 7 and with sail away and the skyline, would like to take in that view

Your pics are terrific. TY. I know lots of effort goes into remembering to take them/organize/post. 

BTW-- Butchers Cut vs Ocean Cay... have you done both? Thoughts?

Cheers

fog

Edited by Fogfog

3 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

TY

Typically in years past we skipped the shows on our other line and i the last year gave them a go again... enjoying the later show..9ish

We were often at dinner (cocktails) by 7 and with sail away and the skyline, would like to take in that view

Your pics are terrific. TY. I know lots of effort goes into remembering to take them/organize/post. 

BTW-- Butchers Cut vs Ocean Cay... have you done both? Thoughts?

Cheers

fog

I've found the shows on MSC to be quite good.  It's a very large cast and many of the shows now feature a live band instead of recorded music/click track.  There is even an opera one afternoon at sea which was a full house and received a standing ovation.  

As a steak person there is no comparison for me.  I love Butcher's Cut.  I enjoyed Ocean Cay (on another MSC cruise) but at Butcher's Cut I'm in heaven!  

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2019 at 9:36 PM, eroller said:

I'm still working on the review, but my pics are uploaded from a recent MSC MERAVIGLIA cruise (12/8/2019).  

Would you mind uploading the menus and dailies to the F B group MSC cruises menus and daily programs? They've been requested....the yacht club menus and dailies, especially.

1 hour ago, tiger-91 said:

Would you mind uploading the menus and dailies to the F B group MSC cruises menus and daily programs? They've been requested....the yacht club menus and dailies, especially.

Everything I have is already uploaded to the link provided.  I was not in the YC this time so nothing from the YC.  Sorry.  

13 hours ago, tiger-91 said:

Search function her is helpful

Also FB search function in each page brings up threads and pics already posted

If you look at the top of the MSC forums you can see the menus for YC already posted here 

Google also brings up plenty of menu pics for YC as wll as the specialty dining and Ocean Cay's YC dining, and plenty of videos of the large buffet etc

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, eroller said:

I'm still working on the review, but my pics are uploaded from a recent MSC MERAVIGLIA cruise (12/8/2019).  There are lots of Ocean Cay pics as well (including some video) which I loved. All in all 401 pics and 9 videos.  All the pics are labeled, so if you want to know what it is, just roll your curser over the pic or enlarge it.  There is a separate link for all the daily programs, Ocean Cay information, pics of the MSC for Me App, and some other information like the room service menu.  Hopefully the review will be forthcoming.  All in all I greatly enjoyed myself, but MSC being MSC things are always a little quirky!  This was my 4th MSC cruise.  

Link to 401 pics and 9 videos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157712405145446

WOW!  I am blown away by your photos!  AWESOME job & thank you for posting!  I am more excited than ever to board this Beautiful ship on March 1st. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 6:31 PM, cruzingambler said:

WOW!  I am blown away by your photos!  AWESOME job & thank you for posting!  I am more excited than ever to board this Beautiful ship on March 1st. 

Glad you enjoyed them, and I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as I did! 

eroller, Thank you for such a complete review and wonderful pictures.  I hope you don't mind that I shared your link with our Jan.26, and Feb 2, 2020 FB roll call groups.  Many first timers there and they are so excited after seeing your pictures.  We were on the Meraviglia the week of Dec. 8 and 15 too.  Sorry I didn't get a chance to finally meet you.  I always enjoy your reports and posts.

Mary Ann

• Like 1

• 4 months later...