Tours in "Jamaica"

beshears

I was not born yesterday, and I do have quite a bit of "wisdom," so I pretty much know the areas I can be safe in (even those I take precautions), and I am not by myself, so I believe we will be fine.  Yes, down through the years I have had different ones chase me to purchase something from them, and normally I cave in, but I'm not losing a lot of money when I do this.

Did you say your port is Ochio's Rios or Montego Bay? If you're planning on doing the falls/blue lagoon there's a really long drive time from Montego Bay. We were thinking about doing blue lagoon but with the 2hr drive there (and another 2 back) we decided to save that for a time we stop at Ochio Rios since it's closer to that port. Be sure to factor that in 🙂

10 hours ago, Ellusionz said:

Did you say your port is Ochio's Rios or Montego Bay? If you're planning on doing the falls/blue lagoon there's a really long drive time from Montego Bay. We were thinking about doing blue lagoon but with the 2hr drive there (and another 2 back) we decided to save that for a time we stop at Ochio Rios since it's closer to that port. Be sure to factor that in 🙂

Same. I really wanted to do some things closer to the other side of the island, but everyone agreed a long bus ride was not what they wanted on vacation. My wife said next Caribbean cruise we can go to the other side (also couldn’t tender in Grand Cayman so there’s that). We had to delay our departure as a bus tour was late arriving, but I guess that speaks for the perk of booking thru Carnival. 

The way I saw the locals matches what I read, if you smile when you say no, you aren’t saying no, you’re still haggling so they keep selling. A firm straight faced “No, thank you” works. Also helps that I’m 6’4” so I didn’t get bothered in the shopping area next to the ship. 

We did the Ocho Rios River Tubing & Dunn's River Falls through Island Marketing in 2017 and had a very nice time.  There is a "souvenir village" you must walk through to exit the falls and the vendors are very persistent there.  We enjoyed the river tubing more than the falls and since none of us were in a hurry our driver took us to a good local restaurant for lunch.

Edited by Eliot Ness