Any Great Deals Found Today?

taylortime05

Just now, Nola26 said:

Thanks for the feedback, we are excited. Celebrating a significant birthday for Mom and Japan is her wish. I typically bypass roll calls, but with such an invitation we will likely meet you there.

My Mom had a friend book too, but I am not sure if she did the same as you: solo balcony. 

At this point there aren't enough people to even put together a meet and greet, but it is a good place to share ideas and news. This will be the furthest I have traveled to board a cruise and I have a ton of questions.  

I always cruise by myself and I "need" a balcony for the fresh air and light. It is my birthday cruise too!  I hope you mom has a great birthday!

2 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

At this point there aren't enough people to even put together a meet and greet, but it is a good place to share ideas and news. This will be the furthest I have traveled to board a cruise and I have a ton of questions.  

I always cruise by myself and I "need" a balcony for the fresh air and light. It is my birthday cruise too!  I hope you mom has a great birthday!

My Mom's friend is also celebrating her birthday. Lots of cake flowing in Japan, lol.

Furthest for us too, although I have traveled to Tokyo for business so I won't be in total shock. 

Hong Kong, anyone, almost/last minute price drops on the Jade - this & next month.  Just do the lookup yourself on prices, availability, etc.  These are mostly one-ways between Singapore, HK and Japan ... port stops in between anywhere from 7 days to 10 days or longer.  

Cathay Pacific has been their airline bookings plunged, round trips on them & other carriers is around $800 R/T economy fares per person , probably a 1-stop or 2 stop connections, unless you are near one of the gateway US airports like LAX/SFO, ORD, JFK/EWR, etc.  Saw something toward end of February, add up airfares, hotels for pre- and post-cruise, sightseeing and incidents ... not bad.  

If not already bonded to other travel plans, could be on the short list ... sure beats paying an arm & a leg to do Bermuda or Bahamas.

38 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Hong Kong, anyone, almost/last minute price drops on the Jade - this & next month.  Just do the lookup yourself on prices, availability, etc.  These are mostly one-ways between Singapore, HK and Japan ... port stops in between anywhere from 7 days to 10 days or longer.  

Cathay Pacific has been their airline bookings plunged, round trips on them & other carriers is around $800 R/T economy fares per person , probably a 1-stop or 2 stop connections, unless you are near one of the gateway US airports like LAX/SFO, ORD, JFK/EWR, etc.  Saw something toward end of February, add up airfares, hotels for pre- and post-cruise, sightseeing and incidents ... not bad.  

If not already bonded to other travel plans, could be on the short list ... sure beats paying an arm & a leg to do Bermuda or Bahamas.

My son and his wife on their way to the Jade right now!   Great deal!   I don’t know if I would do this now but would have at 50 not 75!   

Looks like there is a great deal on the Jan 22nd Breakaway sailing for Solos.  10 nights out of Orlando in a GTY Inside - $1296 cnd with taxes for one person vs $2592 cnd with taxes for two people in the same cabin?!? (not sure what the US price is, but given the exchange I assume about 20-25% lower)   I can't make it work for me, but it's a great deal for anyone who could.  

23 hours ago, mking8288 said:

NCL fee for RT Newark to Tokyo is $699pp. Our cruise isn't until November, but we are content to let NCLmanage our flights and maybe transfers.

Hope someone booking a last minute cruise can use the fare you quoted! 

32 minutes ago, Mrworldwide_88 said:

Maybe not a brilliant deal, but despite NCL saying on the phone yesterday the prices are unlikely to go down, the cruise were looking at has gone down £140 overnight.

Funny that.

Still holding out as 5 days ago the cruise was 600 less than what it is now!

I doubt the phone reps have access to inside info.  And even if they did, it's their job to bring in revenue.

But to give you hope....I was booked in an obstructed view and the balcony was about $500/pp more.  I really wanted the balcony.  I waited and waited and was ready to upgrade at that price.  The morning when I was planning to call, the balcony dropped by $450/pp!

I really dislike this game NCL plays with the huge increases and decreases. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, April42749 said:

I doubt the phone reps have access to inside info.  And even if they did, it's their job to bring in revenue.

But to give you hope....I was booked in an obstructed view and the balcony was about $500/pp more.  I really wanted the balcony.  I waited and waited and was ready to upgrade at that price.  The morning when I was planning to call, the balcony dropped by $450/pp!

I really dislike this game NCL plays with the huge increases and decreases. 

Of course, as a former sales guy myself (not for NCL) you want the sale then and then not if the price drops. They would say that. I never believe the "dont think the price will drop again"

Well it did 12 hours after we spoke haha. 

So let's keep hoping. I'm sure it will go down again and I'll be checking daily haha

On 1/7/2020 at 11:50 AM, RedwingHockeyFan said:

It is actually for the beverage package.  Once you add in the traveler information, that will go away.  NCL has expanded the beverage package perk to all guests over 21 in the stateroom.

wow so no more  the ususal  1st and 2nd person get it in the cabin? now everyont gets it?

On 1/7/2020 at 1:48 PM, blcruising said:

NCL Joy 16 day Full Panama Canal Transit Jan 17 thru Feb 2 2020 is dropping like a rock. Inside sailaway was being sold at the outrageous and overstated price of $1,429 this past weekend. Today, it has adjusted to the going market rate of $599, a whopping $830 per person drop. Of course, you'll have heavy port charges with the Canal transit. If you want one perk marketed as free, you can get a rate of $699.

thanx...I was booked at the 599 fare and was able to get the bev package for 699 plus 316 bucks for tips...so about $30 a day.

works for me !

On 1/9/2020 at 4:30 PM, Nola26 said:

NCL fee for RT Newark to Tokyo is $699pp. Our cruise isn't until November, but we are content to let NCLmanage our flights and maybe transfers.  Hope someone booking a last minute cruise can use the fare you quoted! 

Just priced CX non-stop JFK-HKG for mid Feb. to arrive 3 days early (Thurs departure is $50 lower - arriving Friday afternoon ... time for jetlag recovery, local sightseeing) and returning SIN-JFK via HKG, just 1-stop connection (good layover/transit time at HKG)  ... economy class is $891 p/p only, E+ is about slightly doubled or upgrade with FF miles, should be easy.  Browse/shop carefully for nice 4-stars hotel in HKG running under $100 USD nightly in good locations, easy public transport for 2 to 3 days of sightseeing.  Or, fly out on Friday, pay higher fare but only 2 nights of hotel with embarkation on Monday.   

NCL isn't offering free/reduced air during the booking but oceanview (OK category) w. gratitudes, airfares for 2 - come to a little just over $4k in my calculations, taking into account using 2 CruiseNext certificates and $100 OBC as NCLH stockholders, excluding any T/A OBC for the cruise-air portion.  Add hotel, local transport, transfer, sightseeing & come up with one's final costs - for this 10 nights cruise + 3 days easy DIY sightseeing in HKG ... needs 2 weeks of vacation time approved if working ... start packing.  No visas for HKG or SIN as US nationals.  

But, no solo deals on cruise fares ... possibility of further price drop, given NCL's pricing game lately.  

• Like 1