Tranfers from Port of Miami to Miami Airport

Eagle44

I read a review that mentioned long lines for Uber/lyft when trying to get from ship to airport. Are there companies that run buses back and forth? Some of us going from Port of Miami to MIA, others to FLL. Just thought it might be easier to pre-book with a company vs. the chaos of a long line, finding the right vehicle, etc. 

I have not seen reviews mentioning long lines and it's pretty easy to spot your driver as the app provides the make, model, color and license plate info for the car.

If there's a delay or you are on a tight schedule, you can always grab the first taxi in the line - the fare to MIA is about $28+tip

5 hours ago, SarahD112 said:

I read a review that mentioned long lines for Uber/lyft when trying to get from ship to airport. Are there companies that run buses back and forth? Some of us going from Port of Miami to MIA, others to FLL. Just thought it might be easier to pre-book with a company vs. the chaos of a long line, finding the right vehicle, etc. 

We embarked from Pier E on Dec 22 and I saw signs for rideshare lines - they might do rideshare differently, more like a taxi there? I should have asked - we were in a Lyft being dropped off but he was not an experienced POM driver and we got a little lost 😉 [we were at a hotel in South Beach, heading to POM]

On our disembarkation Jan 5, we used the taxi as I knew it was a flat rate - $27. And we disembarked at Pier J which is small & all alone - we didn't have a long wait for a taxi at all. [from disembarkation, we headed straight to Miami airport]

24 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

We embarked from Pier E on Dec 22 and I saw signs for rideshare lines - they might do rideshare differently, more like a taxi there? I should have asked - we were in a Lyft being dropped off but he was not an experienced POM driver and we got a little lost 😉 [we were at a hotel in South Beach, heading to POM]

On our disembarkation Jan 5, we used the taxi as I knew it was a flat rate - $27. And we disembarked at Pier J which is small & all alone - we didn't have a long wait for a taxi at all. [from disembarkation, we headed straight to Miami airport]

Please share the cost of the Lyft from South Beach to POM 

thanks

1 minute ago, EAGLESLOVER said:

Please share the cost of the Lyft from South Beach to POM 

thanks

South Beach (Mondrian Hotel) to POM at noon on Sunday Dec 22 was $15.69 and I added a tip on top of that. Ride was 6.78mi, 20m 47s

7 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

South Beach (Mondrian Hotel) to POM at noon on Sunday Dec 22 was $15.69 and I added a tip on top of that. Ride was 6.78mi, 20m 47s

Thanks for the prompt response 

we are a bit further away and will allow more time

your info is very helpful

hope that you had a great cruise 

• Like 1

When you open Lyft, before you book, the app will tell you the fare - so you have the option not to book if you don't want to. Haven't used Uber in ages but I think it will as well. I often do that to check fares when planning trips when I can't find estimates online. Good luck!

Our cruise was quite lovely!!

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

When you open Lyft, before you book, the app will tell you the fare - so you have the option not to book if you don't want to. Haven't used Uber in ages but I think it will as well. I often do that to check fares when planning trips when I can't find estimates online. Good luck!

Our cruise was quite lovely!!

I typically open both apps to see which is cheaper. Usually they are within pennies, but sometimes the difference is substantial.