Inside room with picture window on Glory

volfan4ever

Thinking of booking a cruise on the Glory and have never booked an inside room with picture window. I understand that they're on the very front of the boat. Anyone with experience with these rooms please share pros vs cons. Thanks !

Caveat upfront, I have never stayed in one of these cabins. 

That said, I have seen the inside of these cabins many times.  And I've seen them from outside of the cabin.  The window in the cabin faces the open deck area on the front of the ship where people sometimes congregate to watch water over the bow.  From this walkway it's pretty easy to see inside the cabins.  Keep that in mind, you'll have very little privacy there unless you keep your curtains closed all the time, and that kind of defeats the purpose of having a window in the first place.

• Like 1

In 2018 I was walking around the observation deck on deck 10 on the Freedom, when I saw some windows but didn't know what they were for. I tried to look in but they were mirrored, so I thought they might have been to some super secret ship's storage room or something. Whoever was in the cabin probably got a good laugh at the idiot who was trying to see in! Found out later that there were cabins attached to those windows, so I have now booked one. I'll try to remember to report back.

Have booked them many times. Love them! Only 'con' is if pax try to access the deck while under way. The secret hallway doors can slam. I have been on the deck looking in while my DH was in the cabin. Couldn't see him. Don't bother decorating your door, no one walks by.

• Like 1

Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? I had a 4J on the Vista for 33 days and loved it. While out on the deck, I only saw mirrored glass also. If the person in the cabin has lights on, you can see in, but barely. At night the curtains need to be closed for the bridge.

We had a couple stormy days on the TA, but I don’t get seasick, so it didn’t bother me. 
I also like forward, because there is very little foot traffic.

I think there are a great bargain, and I wouldn’t hesitate to book again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked these room several times,  love them.   Very quiet,  very little foot traffic.  We have seen a couple people outside the windows,  but for the most part,  people do not walk all the way down a hallway to go to these decks.  Yes at night you want your curtains closed,  but during the day,  you couldn't see in them.  I love going out and setting on the bench waiting on hubby to wake up and just read. The doors do slam shut if people aren't holding them.

• Like 1

Just got off the glory and stayed in one of those rooms. 7201. Fantastic. Not a lot of foot traffic in front of the room, very quiet and great views. Would stay in one again for sure. Blackout curtains on the window worked great, but tons of light when we needed it. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 3:26 PM, volfan4ever said:

Thinking of booking a cruise on the Glory and have never booked an inside room with picture window. I understand that they're on the very front of the boat. Anyone with experience with these rooms please share pros vs cons. Thanks !

We had one and the joke on us was that each morning my husband got up to look out the window and when he pulled back the current to his surprise it was a wall.  So each morning I'd ask him if the sun was out this morning.

I'm in a 4J room right now. The shape of the cabin is a little odd, and the only way to fit two beds in here is if they are lined up against the wall head to head, but the bathroom seems larger than the bathrooms in balcony cabins I've had. Since it is so far forward it seems like it pitches a bit more than other cabins I've been in. The location is had to beat though, because the observation deck is only a few steps away.

Edited by HarborHermit

16 hours ago, DQGal said:

I know in the past, the 2 rooms, left and right, closest to the doors were handicapped  rooms,  do you happen to be in a handicapped  room?

It is one of the rooms closest to the door. That explains the over-sized bathroom.