I pick room vs RCI picking room and multiple rooms

mack44

I will need to book at least 2 rooms for an upcoming trip. When I price out the rooms with RCI picking the rooms, I end up saving $1000 with one of the rooms and $125 with the other room. If I decide to let RCI pick our staterooms, will the 2 staterooms be next to each other? If I select connecting staterooms, if available, will it make our chance of being placed next to each other greater? The savings seem way to great to pass up but I have kids that I would like the grandparents to help watch in the evenings, so having them next door would be very convenient. Any insight would be very helpful. Thank you!

If you pick guaranteed cabins & let Royal pick your rooms, I would guess that the chance of the 2 rooms being right next to each other is 0.12%.  Chance of the 2 rooms being connecting is 0.0012%

If YOU pick the rooms, then it's 100%, if avail at booking, but 100% chance that it'll be more expensive...

Connecting rooms are hard to come by because families want them, like you said I want to leave my kids with Grandma. If you want one you have to pay extra and book them from the start.

Guarantee (RCL) picks the room, you can get anything.  I have been in the next door (never connecting to my family member, but ironically I have been in a connecting room) , two rooms away, and I have been on different floors from my family going this route, even if booked on the same reservation. The $  may be enough to make your family walk to your new deck, or you might want to spend  $ and book that next door room.  The choice is yours.

With a guarantee, you are guaranteed a cabin. Anywhere on the ship. The fact that you need 2 cabins means you'll get 2 cabins, anywhere on the ship. They might be close by, they could be on opposite ends.

The only way to guarantee they are nearby/next door/whatever is to book specific cabins.

10 hours ago, mack44 said:

I will need to book at least 2 rooms for an upcoming trip. When I price out the rooms with RCI picking the rooms, I end up saving $1000 with one of the rooms and $125 with the other room. If I decide to let RCI pick our staterooms, will the 2 staterooms be next to each other? If I select connecting staterooms, if available, will it make our chance of being placed next to each other greater? The savings seem way to great to pass up but I have kids that I would like the grandparents to help watch in the evenings, so having them next door would be very convenient. Any insight would be very helpful. Thank you!

While you may be able to indicate a connecting room choice when starting a booking for two cabins, as soon as you select "let RCI pick the stateroom" the connecting option goes poof.  As other have said, you give up the option of selecting your stateroom(s) for the lower price and you could end up with staterooms quite a distance from each other.

If you want to be near (or connecting to) others in your traveling circle, you'll have to choose the higher priced option to do so.

I did luck out recently when I booked 3 inside guarantees for November. we got two promenades next to each other and another promenade in a different area. I did book directly with RCCL so that may have helped? we were also all diamond and diamond plus, but I don’t think that helped. it is tough choice when there is significant price difference.  good luck and have fun!

If you MUST have rooms adjacent to each other, pick them yourself.  If you DON'T need them close together, let RCI pick, if the savings is worth it.  There is NO guarantee the cabins will even be on the same deck, let alone close to each other.