Chef’s Table Dining

Cruzin Grandma

On 1/4/2020 at 1:54 AM, ccndfw said:

What is the typical menu for this?  

As you might suspect it depends on the Chef but my two experiences were quite similar:

• Four or five appetizers served in the galley.
  • Once seated in the dining room:
    • Soup or Salad
    • Risotto--usually, with shellfish
    • Sorbet
    • Entree--usually based around red meat although I have heard of Surf 'n' Turf being offered
    • Dessert--usually, quite spectacular
    • Coffee

Champagne is served in the galley with the appetizers.  A white and a red wine are available in the dining room for the rest of the meal.

It seems to depend on your head Maitre'd as to whether one will be held. We just got off the Crown Dec 27-Jan 6 sailing and our party of 8 was very disappointed to hear they weren't doing any Chef's Table at all on our sailing! We were all shocked - we figured they would do at least 2 given it was a 10 day sailing and it's usually a very popular event.

18 hours ago, XBGuy said:

As you might suspect it depends on the Chef but my two experiences were quite similar:

• Four or five appetizers served in the galley.
  • Once seated in the dining room:
    • Soup or Salad
    • Risotto--usually, with shellfish
    • Sorbet
    • Entree--usually based around red meat although I have heard of Surf 'n' Turf being offered
    • Dessert--usually, quite spectacular
    • Coffee

Champagne is served in the galley with the appetizers.  A white and a red wine are available in the dining room for the rest of the meal.

On CB during Christmas, we also had a cheese course between entree and dessert. The entree was duck, lamb, and filet. The amount of food is really incredible.

17 hours ago, I_r_a said:

Hi CG,

May I politely butt in?

If one has the drinks package, may one decline the wine but order from the usual drinks menu?

Ira

Nobody in our group tried this. The wines that they pair with each course are specifically chosen to complement the course, so it seems that this would take away from the experience. They keep pouring you more wine as you empty your glass, so you get as much as you like.

I can't even guess what this meal would cost in a land-based restaurant. $95 is an incredibly good value for the amount of food and wine you get.