When will I find out Anchorage Hotel

MudderBear

Hello all.  I booked a HAL 3 Day Denali Land/Sea package (2020 Summer Excursion) special for next year.  I get one night in Anchorage.  I'm assuming it will be the Westmark....but when will I know for sure?  I am scheduled for the end of May.  I come in one day early so I'm holding my own reservation there.....but really would love the Captain Cook or the Marriott.  Any thoughts on when they reach out and let you know?

3 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Hello all.  I booked a HAL 3 Day Denali Land/Sea package (2020 Summer Excursion) special for next year.  I get one night in Anchorage.  I'm assuming it will be the Westmark....but when will I know for sure?  I am scheduled for the end of May.  I come in one day early so I'm holding my own reservation there.....but really would love the Captain Cook or the Marriott.  Any thoughts on when they reach out and let you know?

I learned during my cruise portion when I received my Land Tour package envelope.

I did that same tour in August. I am pretty sure I found out about the hotel when I received my "cruise documents" about 6 weeks before our arrival in Anchorage. It was the Westmark and that place is a very dumpy hotel. But all we did was sleep there, so it was not something that would ruin our trip. I have heard others complain of the food there, but for us the food was OK. We had dinner and breakfast there.

12 hours ago, MudderBear said:

That seems very late.  Did you get the Westmark?  I'm going to assume that's where they will put me.

Why not just call HAL and ask?  If those arrangements have not been made, maybe the HAL rep can tell you when to call back for a definitive answer.  JMO

I've called HAL and they won't tell me.  Since I am arriving one day early, I have two  reservations.  One is at the Westmark at $225 and the other is "nice" hotel near the airport for half that amount.  Since I will be arriving around 7:00PM, I might just keep the "nice hotel" (free shuttle to/from airport and free breakfast)....and then just taxi to Westmark (or whatever hotel HAL decides to put me in) the next morning after breakfast.