Changes

AndyMichelle

9 hours ago, John Castle said:

Let's hope they don't take the cost cutting too far. 

We want the formal nights, club dining, ballroom dancing and good entertainment. 😊

Us too. 

Iona has already lost club dining, ballroom dancing, and only 1 formal night per 7..

This will be replaced with (probably) better entertainment, more choice of select dining and far better facilities. 

Lets hope it is ship specific and doesn't affect the others in the fleet, giving us all a choice of what type of holiday we want. 

Andy 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Us too. 

Iona has already lost club dining, ballroom dancing, and only 1 formal night per 7..

This will be replaced with (probably) better entertainment, more choice of select dining and far better facilities. 

Lets hope it is ship specific and doesn't affect the others in the fleet, giving us all a choice of what type of holiday we want. 

Andy 

I read somewhere that P&O called the Iona formal night a Gala night. This might suggest it won't be as restrictive as a normal formal night. Maybe only in one restaurant and possibly one or two other venues, one of which would be the Crows Nest but that is a tiny venue for a ship with 5200 passengers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I read somewhere that P&O called the Iona formal night a Gala night. This might suggest it won't be as restrictive as a normal formal night. Maybe only in one restaurant and possibly one or two other venues, one of which would be the Crows Nest but that is a tiny venue for a ship with 5200 passengers.

Aa Iona’s first summer season is predominantly 7 night cruises, I suspect fewer people will bother to pack clothes suitable for a formal night for just one night which they can avoid by eating elsewhere. With no club dining, it would be easy to see formal night becoming optional and in just one or two of the MDRs.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, AndyMichelle said:

We also had both in November, but not on this cruise. 

The chefs parade seems to be a thing of the past now, according to other reports but the lack of the captain's welcome may only have been because it was only 5 nights. 

Andy 

I'm in agreement with those posters who find the chefs parade rather annoying. However, if the chefs were met with polite applause or (worse still) were met with silence from the guests, this would shout to management, that all is not well.

Paul

Having just returned from Azura, we have noticed a few things have altered, the main thing for us was that New Years Eve wasn't formal night, there were a lot of discussion on board about the lack of formal night on such a special night, most were very disappointed us included. There was no chef's parade in the MDR but that's neither here nor there, we had plastic water bottles in the room (the FOC ones), we had a ships log delivered on the last night, flowers were in the room and on the tables after the decoration had been removed.

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Not the case on Arcadia in September.

Brown filth in wash bowl when taps were running.

Did report.

I agree, we have seen some really mucky water coming out of the taps which nothing would induce me to drink. This is one occasion where I am happy to pay for bottled water (we drink tap water at home quite happily).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ascot2012 said:

Having just returned from Azura, we have noticed a few things have altered, the main thing for us was that New Years Eve wasn't formal night, there were a lot of discussion on board about the lack of formal night on such a special night, most were very disappointed us included. There was no chef's parade in the MDR but that's neither here nor there, we had plastic water bottles in the room (the FOC ones), we had a ships log delivered on the last night, flowers were in the room and on the tables after the decoration had been removed.