Pre-cruise hotel

PSU

We will be getting in at 6 a.m. at the Auckland, New Zealand airport and will be transported to our pre-cruise hotel by Regent. We are doing the three-night pre-cruise excursion package. Check in is not until 3 p.m. Have any of you ever booked a room for the night before so you would not have to wait until 3 p.m. to check in. We are traveling from Philadelphia and even though it is business class, I am sure we will be exhausted.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, PSU said:

We will be getting in at 6 a.m. at the Auckland, New Zealand airport and will be transported to our pre-cruise hotel by Regent. We are doing the three-night pre-cruise excursion package. Check in is not until 3 p.m. Have any of you ever booked a room for the night before so you would not have to wait until 3 p.m. to check in. We are traveling from Philadelphia and even though it is business class, I am sure we will be exhausted.

Thanks.

Sure.  Just have your TA book the room for you and ask them to arrange the same room as your pre-cruise if possible.

Yes, first check and see if the hotel offers an early check in, that early a service fee would be charged (beside to tell them when you'll arrive at hotel and get it in writing).  If they don't have early check-in book an extra night-make sure they know you'll be checking in very late giving them the time-and again get it in writing.  We do that in Bangkok just for that reason.

We are arriving in Tahiti at 10:30 PM. We called Regent to add an extra night at the hotel (where we have 1 night as part of the concierge cabin package) and were told it would be $500 per person!!! We called the hotel and got the room for $260 for both of us but it doesn't include breakfast or transfer from the airport. Still a lot cheaper!!! And we can keep the hotel room both nights.

Since it's Regent arranging this, perhaps they'll arrange a brief bus tour or something for you pre-cruisers in Auckland?  Or they will arrange for the hotel to get you early check-in?  I'm thinking there will be something arranged, surely.  In any case, it's easy to have the hotel keep your luggage and then go off for a walk or to see a sight; despite your jetlag this is a good way to adjust to the time change.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:26 AM, sassyw said:

We are arriving in Tahiti at 10:30 PM. We called Regent to add an extra night at the hotel (where we have 1 night as part of the concierge cabin package) and were told it would be $500 per person!!! We called the hotel and got the room for $260 for both of us but it doesn't include breakfast or transfer from the airport. Still a lot cheaper!!! And we can keep the hotel room both nights.

Think you can have a pretty spectacular breakfast for $740.00😎

4 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Since it's Regent arranging this, perhaps they'll arrange a brief bus tour or something for you pre-cruisers in Auckland?  Or they will arrange for the hotel to get you early check-in?  I'm thinking there will be something arranged, surely.  In any case, it's easy to have the hotel keep your luggage and then go off for a walk or to see a sight; despite your jetlag this is a good way to adjust to the time change.

No Regent has said that the check in time is 3 p.m. and there is no early check in. I have contacted the hotel and the extra night is not very expensive so I think we will do that.

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PSU said:

No Regent has said that the check in time is 3 p.m. and there is no early check in. I have contacted the hotel and the extra night is not very expensive so I think we will do that.

Thanks.

Wow, times have changed.  Would have been a time I think when they would have arranged something  Glad the hotel is amendable and reasonable.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:02 PM, PSU said:

Thanks.

Are you arriving Auckland on Jan 18th? I arrive at 5:30am. I didn't book a room, figured I'd do the Hop on Hop Off bus, but I'm curious how much the hotel is charging for your early check-in. Also, in case you're not the roll call for this cruise, a bunch of us are planning to meet in the Lobby Lounge of the Cordis at 5:00 for a drink.

Jamie

12 minutes ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

Are you arriving Auckland on Jan 18th? I arrive at 5:30am. I didn't book a room, figured I'd do the Hop on Hop Off bus, but I'm curious how much the hotel is charging for your early check-in. Also, in case you're not the roll call for this cruise, a bunch of us are planning to meet in the Lobby Lounge of the Cordis at 5:00 for a drink.

Jamie

Yes we are on the roll call and we are two of the people that will you you for a drink at 5 p.m. The hotel quoted $299 NZ for an early check-in. That is the same price for a room.