Edge stateroom above Steakhouse Restaurant

kbaldock

I am considering booking a stateroom on Deck 6 on the Edge, above the Steakhouse restaurant on Deck 5. Does anyone have any experience as to whether we will find that too noisy?  Is the restaurant only open for dinner?

46 minutes ago, kbaldock said:

I am considering booking a stateroom on Deck 6 on the Edge, above the Steakhouse restaurant on Deck 5. Does anyone have any experience as to whether we will find that too noisy?  Is the restaurant only open for dinner?

As a general rule, we have found it wise not to stay directly above or below any public areas on a ship to cut down on the chance of noise.  With a restaurant, consider not only the guest area, but also the kitchen.  It can sometimes be busy all night long with advance food preparation, cleaning, restocking, etc.  From what we read on an Edge website, the restaurant is open for brunch, lunch and dinner.

8 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

As a general rule, we have found it wise not to stay directly above or below any public areas on a ship to cut down on the chance of noise.  With a restaurant, consider not only the guest area, but also the kitchen.  It can sometimes be busy all night long with advance food preparation, cleaning, restocking, etc.  From what we read on an Edge website, the restaurant is open for brunch, lunch and dinner.

s - unless there was a recent change in hours, FCS was only open for one (1) lunch and that was the last sea day on our recent seven (7) night sailing.

OP - please check the cabin sticky to determine if there are any reviews of cabins in the area for which you are considering.

The other issue, which reviewers would need to cover, would be any noise heard from the Atrium and Martini Bar as FCS overlooks these areas and at times (specifically noticed by me during the bartenders show around 8p) the music and noise can be an issue when dining.

I believe if it were a real issue, there would be more postings about it.

Try a search here to find out if anyone has posted about this issue as well..

bon voyage